[comp.windows.ms] ZSoft Paintbrush

jokim@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (John H. Kim) (03/03/91)

I've been shopping around for a paint program.  What's the
difference between PC Paintbrush IV Plus v1.0 and PC Paintbrush
Plus for Windows v1.12, besides the latter running in Windows?
There's about a 30% price difference between them (the Windows
version is cheaper).  Does this mean the latter lacks features?
Do both allow use of a 256 undithered color palette?

Thanks in advance.
--
John H. Kim                 | (This space to be filled when I
jokim@jarthur.claremont.edu | think of something very clever

mcl9337@aim1.tamu.edu (MARK CHRISTOPHER LOWE) (03/03/91)

In article <11058@jarthur.Claremont.EDU> jokim@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (John H. Kim) writes:
>I've been shopping around for a paint program.  What's the
>difference between PC Paintbrush IV Plus v1.0 and PC Paintbrush
>Plus for Windows v1.12, besides the latter running in Windows?

Just wondering, John, but have you looked at Deluxe Paint II Enhanced?  I
picked it up the other day and have been absolutely stunned by the capabilites.
I have also played with the newest PC Paintbrush, and there is NO COMPARISON.
Granted, the DP II costs more, but it is really worth the difference!  Besides,
DP II supports the PCX format, so you can load and work with files created
in PC Paintbrush.

There is a very large number of VGA boards and printers supported by DP II,
also.  I am hoping that they upgrade it again soon.  Now it supports
1024X768X4 (I think).  It supports 256 colors in 320X256, 640X400, 640X480,
and 800X600.

Anyway... check it out.  I don't think you'll be sorry you did...

Unless of course you decide you can't get it.  :-(

Mark C. "Bro!" Lowe - KB5III