[comp.windows.ms] netware and windows, when to login?

pcb@basin04.cacs.usl.edu (Peter C. Bahrs) (03/01/91)

I know the manual said to login to netware before you bring up windows.
But if I don't and bring up a window.pif and goto f: and login it
   1) works fine on my compaq running just netware
   2) does not work on my ps2 70 using packet drivers.

What I mean by does not work is my path does not get set.  If I type
map, the search paths are set but if I type set, the path is not
updated.

/*----------- Thanks in advance... --------------------------------------+
| Peter C. Bahrs                                                         |
| The USL-NASA Project                                                   |
| Center For Advanced Computer Studies      INET: pcb@swamp.cacs.usl.edu |
| 2 Rex Street                                                           |
| University of Southwestern Louisiana      ...!uunet!dalsqnt!gator!pcb  |
| Lafayette, LA 70504                                                    |
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------*/

hadgraft@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au (Hadgraft) (03/04/91)

In article <26054@rouge.usl.edu>, pcb@basin04.cacs.usl.edu (Peter C. Bahrs) writes:
> I know the manual said to login to netware before you bring up windows.
> But if I don't and bring up a window.pif and goto f: and login it
>    1) works fine on my compaq running just netware
>    2) does not work on my ps2 70 using packet drivers.
>
> What I mean by does not work is my path does not get set.  If I type
> map, the search paths are set but if I type set, the path is not
> updated.

Have you tried the "Attach file server" option which is accessible through the
Network option in Control panel? It seems to work for me, although I didn't
check the Path.
  |  Senior Lecturer                |  hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au   |
  |  Dept of Civil Engineering      |  phone:  +61 3 565 4983          |
  |  Monash University              |  fax:    +61 3 565 4944 or 3409  |