[comp.windows.ms] Gantt Chart Programs?

jbaker@coral.bucknell.edu (02/28/91)

Hi there,

Does anyone know of a shareware program that does Gantt Charts
under Windows?  I would really appreciate any information

Thanks

Jason
jbaker@coral.bucknell.edu

gregf@hpnmdla.HP.COM (Greg Farrell) (03/02/91)

In comp.windows.ms, jbaker@coral.bucknell.edu writes:

> Hi there,

> Does anyone know of a shareware program that does Gantt Charts
> under Windows?  I would really appreciate any information

> Thanks

> Jason
> jbaker@coral.bucknell.edu

I don't know of any shareware Gantt Chart program for Windows, but I use an
excellent commercial product called "Milestones 2.0" from Kidasa Software.
It can be purchased from Omnivar, Egghead or you can call Kidasa direct at
512-282-9385.  Ask for Sue Butler.  Address is PO Box 1167 Manchaca, Texas
Zip 78652.  I think their retail price is around $145.00, but you can shop
around and get it for less.

I use it for project planning and schedule communication with various project
team members.  It is completely flexible within the Windows 3.0 environment
and is a breeze to learn and use.  I print my charts out using an HP Paintjet
XL, either on paper or transparency, though you can use any output device
supported by Windows.  You can create any type of Gantt Chart, using a variety
of bar shapes and/or symbols, select colors, fonts, scaling, date headings,
import/export features, etc. etc.  It does not do intrinsic dependent task
linkage, though you can set-up your chart to represent this type of relation-
ship.  It does has a symbol dependency mode which allows you to adjust
one item and it moves everything else on the task line.

I've been using this product for over a year now.  Their user support is
excellent.  Their manual is clean and straightforward.  If you been frustrated
by the complexity of other project management tools that require too much
of your time or effort and want something simple and easy to use, you might
take a look at this.

Best regards,

Greg

dsampson@x102a.harris-atd.com (sampson david 58163) (03/05/91)

>Does anyone know of a shareware program that does Gantt Charts under
>Windows?

How fancy do you want to get.  If you just want to produce a Gantt
chart base on start, stop and work in progress data, check out the
recent (last couple of issues) of PC Mag.  They have an example of a
Gantt chart produced in Excel.  I just used that for a proposal input
and it worked out fine.

--

                                          A new world record
                                          in the javalin throw

   /                                          I

David Sampson                                         Harris Corporation
dsampson@x102a.ess.harris.com                   Gov't Aerospace Systems Divison
uunet!x102a!dsampson                                  Melbourne, Florida