[comp.windows.ms] PM

hayesel@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Erik Hayes) (03/04/91)

I have Pagemaker 3.0 and Word for Windows 1.0.  Is there a public domain
setup to import winword files into this version of Pagemaker?  Does the
new Pagemaker correct this?

ERik

) (03/05/91)

In article <7281@mentor.cc.purdue.edu>, hayesel@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Erik Hayes) writes:
> I have Pagemaker 3.0 and Word for Windows 1.0.  Is there a public domain
> setup to import winword files into this version of Pagemaker?  Does the
> new Pagemaker correct this?
>
> ERik
Do you have PM 3.01?  You probably do; it's in a white envelope.  It contains
additional filters, such as, WP 5.0 and it may contain Word.  Also, I thought
the document for Word and Word for Windows is the same.  Is this true?
| Santanu Sircar                               BITNET:   ssircar@umaecs.bitnet |
| University of Massachusetts/Amherst          INTERNET: ssircar@ecs.umass.edu |

itkin@mrspoc.Transact.COM (Steven M. List) (03/06/91)

hayesel@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Erik Hayes) writes:

>I have Pagemaker 3.0 and Word for Windows 1.0.  Is there a public domain
>setup to import winword files into this version of Pagemaker?  Does the
>new Pagemaker correct this?

I don't know if the new version of PM corrects this (I can't WAIT to find
out, though!!), but the workaround is to save WFW files as MS WORD rather
than NORMAL.  PM can then handle them.
 :                Steven List @ Transact Software, Inc. :^>~                  :
 :           Chairman, Unify User Group of Northern California                :
 :                         itkin@Transact.COM                                 :