[comp.windows.ms] SUMMARY: Screenpeace drawing in BLACK !?!

nelson@sgi.com (Nelson Bolyard) (03/05/91)

I wrote that Screenpeace was drawing using mostly black colors on my system
which uses a 1024x768x256 board.  Embarassingly, I shoulda RTFMed (or in
this case, RTF .DOC file).

In article <12666.27cfd083@ecs.umass.edu>, daly@ecs.umass.edu
(Bryon Daly, ECE dept, UMass, Amherst) wrote:
>Have you tried setting the 'Realize color table' option?  When I ran SP
>without it, I got mostly black drawing on the screen, but after this option
>was checked, it worked normally.  I believe this is only necessary in 256
>color mode.  My old 256 color board did not do this, I think.

I had completely forgotten about this feature, thanks for the reminder!
The .DOC file says this is needed for 256 color mode, and even lists the
spx files that won't work without it!

>Also, SP doesn't remember that you set this option, and so you need to
>reset it every time you run it.

Actually, you don't need to "reset it every time you run it" because you
can enable it in the WIN.INI file.  The instructions on how to do this are
in the .DOC file that comes with screenpeace.

In article <Mar.2.13.12.14.1991.4709@dorm.rutgers.edu>, silk@dorm.rutgers.edu
(Silk Merchant) writes:
>This sounds very familiar.  My screen peace will no longet do the aquarium
>spx.  The screen just goes black.  I assume there are black fish swimming
>around, but of course I can't see them.

Gee, it's been a while since I picked up .spx files off of cica, and I
don't remember any acquarium spx.  Where can I get this acquarium spx?
Nelson Bolyard      nelson@sgi.COM      {decwrl,sun}!sgi!whizzer!nelson
Disclaimer: Views expressed herein do not represent the views of my employer.

rob@lafayet.UUCP (Rob Freyder) (03/06/91)

nelson@sgi.com (Nelson Bolyard) writes:

>Gee, it's been a while since I picked up .spx files off of cica, and I
>don't remember any acquarium spx.  Where can I get this acquarium spx?

Really !  I would like that one too...

Rob.

--
 ____    ____     ____                       Core Lab - Western Atlas Int'l INC
 \   \  /   /\   /    \     Rob              Humans     (318) 235-9431

hp0p+@andrew.cmu.edu (Hokkun Pang) (03/06/91)

why doesn't screen peace work on full-screen DOS mode? also, wouldn't it
be nice if it can change the scheme every few minutes?

u1365281@ucsvc.ucs.unimelb.edu.au (03/06/91)

In article <1749@lafayet.UUCP>, rob@lafayet.UUCP (Rob Freyder) writes:
> nelson@sgi.com (Nelson Bolyard) writes:
>
>>Gee, it's been a while since I picked up .spx files off of cica, and I
>>don't remember any acquarium spx.  Where can I get this acquarium spx?
>
> Really !  I would like that one too...
>
> Rob.

Try spx2.zip.