[comp.windows.ms] WinGIF?

bgeer@javelin.es.com (Bob Geer) (03/01/91)

I just heard about WinGIF...would someone please post it?

I don't have offsite ftp or e-mail access -- corporate
securitybreachaphobia, ya know!  Thanx in advance...

--
<> Bob `Bear' Geer <>               bgeer@javelin.sim.es.com              <>
<>      Alta-holic <>   speaking only for myself, one of my many tricks   <>

chris@vision.uucp (Chris Davies) (03/05/91)

In article <1991Mar1.144606.14977@javelin.es.com> bgeer%javelin@dsd.es.com writes:
>I just heard about WinGIF...would someone please post it?

No No No No! (Please).  If someone posts this, you cost many companies (and
individuals) _r_e_a_l_ _c_a_s_h for receiving the program just so can circumvent your
company's securitybreachaphobia policy.  Why don't you ask a local site to
send it to you on a floppy?

Chris
--
VISIONWARE LTD         | UK: chris@vision.uucp    JANET: chris%vision.uucp@ukc
57 Cardigan Lane       | US: chris@vware.mn.org   BANGNET: ...!ukc!vision!chris

bgeer@javelin.es.com (Bob Geer) (03/06/91)

chris@vision.uucp (Chris Davies) writes:
>In article <1991Mar1.144606.14977@javelin.es.com> bgeer%javelin@dsd.es.com writes:
>>I just heard about WinGIF...would someone please post it?
>No No No No! (Please).  If someone posts this, you cost many companies (and
>individuals) _r_e_a_l_ _c_a_s_h for receiving the program just so can circumvent your
>company's securitybreachaphobia policy.  Why don't you ask a local site to
>send it to you on a floppy?

a.  It's not circumvention.  Downloading binaries from
"comp.binaries.ibm.pc" & other newsgroups is permitted.  So far,
e-mail & (a)ftp access is not.  Why, I don't know.  It's just not.

b.  About "asking a local site"...I don't know who you have in mind.
I don't know anyone around here with ftp access who can get the
download to a floppy.  I suppose an ad in the paper's possible...
certainly neither as convenient nor direct, tho.

c.  I haven't seen anything that describes the criteria by which
programs are posted in "comp.binaries.ibm.pc" -- I don't know if/when
to expect WinGIF & other interesting programs to be posted there, or
in fact, in any other particular newsgroup.  Typically I wait for them
(I've been waiting a long time for pascal and/or c versions of an SVGA
BGI to be posted); I just happen to have a particular interest in
WinGIF.

d.  Someone's indulgence would be appreciated.
--

chris@vision.uucp (Chris Davies) (03/08/91)

In article <1991Mar1.144606.14977@javelin.es.com> bgeer%javelin@dsd.es.com writes:
>I just heard about WinGIF...would someone please post it?

I said,

In article <1991Mar6.153220.18097@javelin.es.com> Bob replied (abridged),
>b.  About "asking a local site"...I don't know who you have in mind.
>I don't know anyone around here with ftp access who can get the
>download to a floppy.  I suppose an ad in the paper's possible...
>certainly neither as convenient nor direct, tho.

I'm in the UK.  You are in the USA.  WinGIF et al are available by ftp in
the USA.  If someone is going to post this, please consider restricting the
distribution ('usa' or is it 'na'(?) would be a good start).

Chris