[comp.windows.ms] Borland C++ as a windows application?

jman@ICS.UCI.EDU (JIMMY MAN) (03/10/91)

    Hi netters!

Has anyone installed the new BORLAND C++ as a window or non-window
application? Apparently, windows set-up does not recognize bc.exe as a
window application. I couldn't find anything in BORLAND's manuals but
BORLAND C++ does come with a bc.ico though... Any comments will be
appreciated!

-JM

cchapman@msd.gatech.edu (Chuck H. Chapman) (03/11/91)

In <18924.668544764@ics.uci.edu> jman@ICS.UCI.EDU (JIMMY MAN) writes:

>    Hi netters!

>Has anyone installed the new BORLAND C++ as a window or non-window
>application? Apparently, windows set-up does not recognize bc.exe as a
>window application. I couldn't find anything in BORLAND's manuals but
>BORLAND C++ does come with a bc.ico though... Any comments will be
>appreciated!

Windows set-up only knows about a limited set of non-windows applications
that were in existance at the time Windows was released.  It doesn't
automatically assume all *.exe's it finds on your hard disk are applications
that you want to set up in Windows.

To set-up a program manually, select the group you want the application to
go into, click on FILE - NEW - PROGRAM ITEM and answer the questions
that appear in the subsequent dialog box.

Chuck

--
Charles H. Chapman  (GTRI/MATD)             (404) 528-7588
* Home of the 1990 National Champion Ga. Tech Yellow Jackets *