[comp.windows.ms] Tutorial for Windows concepts, using mouse, etc.?

eyu@umd5.umd.edu (Ellen Yu) (03/13/91)

Hi all!

I'm not sure if this is the right group to be posting this, but...

I'm looking for a tutorial that will run in Windows 3.0 that introduces
a novice user to windows concepts such as using a mouse, pointing and
clicking, dragging, opening and closing windows, etc.

I know of some nice packages on the Mac that introduces a new user
to using a mouse, etc.  It's real interactive, the user has to click on
specific places, and different things happen.  To learn dragging, there
are examples of putting a sign together by dragging the letters to the
right positions.

Anything like that exist for Windows?

Any suggestions, comments, point me in a direction, would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any information.

- Ellen Yu

Ellen Yu                             |  Phone: (301) 403-4623 office
Computer Science Center              |         (301) 474-9217 home
4321 Hartwick Rd., Suite 500         |  Internet: eyu@umd5.umd.edu
College Park, MD  20740              |  Compuserve: 71641,1764

landers@zeus.mgmt.purdue.edu (Chris Landers) (03/14/91)

In article <8223@umd5.umd.edu> eyu@umd5.umd.edu (Ellen Yu) writes:

>I'm looking for a tutorial that will run in Windows 3.0 that introduces
>a novice user to windows concepts such as using a mouse, pointing and
>clicking, dragging, opening and closing windows, etc.
>
>Anything like that exist for Windows?

	Microsoft's Productivity Pack for Windows

	also:  	the on-line tutorials that come with both
		Word for Windows and Excel can help you learn
		such concepts and techniques.

--
   || Christopher Landers           || PURDUE UNIVERSITY - KRAN 708 ||