[comp.windows.ms] FIRE/FIREPLACE

cs060128@csusac.csus.edu (H Philip Chen) (03/14/91)

In article ...  mgjones@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (Mike (Felix) Jones) writes:

>This is what I got.  You can see the "ha ha ha" in it a little ways down.
>(I suggest getting something like labtest, it can save on BIG headaches,
>especially since many virus authors leave some kind of message)

On the subject about viruses, I recently got a copy of a program called
'fire' or 'fireplace' (or something like that).  Nothing showed up using SCAN
and I used LIST to look at the codes.  I saw lots of unusual messages in there
and I deleted the file immediately.  (I didn't run it).  I wasn't sure if it was
a normal program or someone was up to something nasty.  Anybody know what's
that program about?  Any bugs/virus?

-Philip