[comp.windows.ms] New Paradise Windows drivers *** MISSING 800x600x256 ***

rdthomps@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Robert D. Thompson) (03/15/91)

In article <1066@nih-csl.nih.gov> donnel@helix.nih.gov (Donald A. Lehn) writes:
>I just got the latest Windows 3.0 drivers from the Paradise bullitin board
>and I have posted them to cica.cica.indiana.edu.  There are three self
>extracting files:
>
>	win3_16.exe	16 color drivers
>	win3_16f.exe	"fast" 16 color drivers
>	win3_256.exe	256 color drivers
>Best regards,
>Don Lehn

Don,

	I am sure many of us appreciate the downloading of the
	drivers to cica.

	HOWEVER, THE MOST IMPORTANT DRIVER SEEMS TO BE MISSING,

	PVGA600.DRV	DRIVER FOR 800X600X256

	Can you Help?

	Thanks
---
Robert

donnel@helix.nih.gov (Donald A. Lehn) (03/15/91)

Sorry that the new Paradise drivers don't include the 800x600x256 driver.
The files I uploaded are "EXACTLY" the files I downloaded from the Paradise
Bullitin Board.  I suspect that this driver was not included because it
was buggy.  It was the only driver that would not work from the old driver
set.  (At least not on my computer.)

Best regards,
Don Lehn

leoh@hardy.hdw.csd.harris.com (Leo Hinds) (03/16/91)

In article <5401@vela.acs.oakland.edu> rdthomps@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Robert D. Thompson) writes:
>	HOWEVER, THE MOST IMPORTANT DRIVER SEEMS TO BE MISSING,
>	PVGA600.DRV	DRIVER FOR 800X600X256
Robert

I would agree with this if I only knew what card it worked on ... when I
tried this on the Paradise VGA1024 card (with 512k), garbage ...

leoh@hdw.csd.harris.com         	Leo Hinds       	(305)973-5229
Gfx ... gfx ... :-) whfg orpnhfr V "ebg"grq zl fvtangher svyr lbh guvax V nz n
creireg ?!!!!!!? ... znlor arkg gvzr