[comp.windows.ms] Help! Can't Run Dos Apps With Windows/novell Setup

mgjones@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (Mike (Felix) Jones) (03/14/91)

I have yet another Novell + Windows problem.  One of our PS/2's in the lab
no longer will shell to DOS, or run any dos applications.  I keep getting
an error similar to "Cannot find file; Please check path."
We are running Novell 2.15c and have the 3.01 ipx and xmnet3.
Command.com mapped as Z.  I tried to map root Z to the dos directory, put
nothing changed (error still there).   I then completely deleted the windows
directory and copied an installation from a system that worked.  I still had
the same problem.
I have also checked all paths and setups for the DOS prompt icon.  All are
correct.
Any info that might lead me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Please e-mail them to me. Thanx.

						- Mike Jones
Internet: mgjones@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu

Jeff.Tensly@p1.f477.n104.z1.METRONET.ORG (Jeff Tensly) (03/18/91)

 M(> I have yet another Novell + Windows problem.  One of our PS/2's in the lab
 M(> no longer will shell to DOS, or run any dos applications.  I keep getting
 M(> an error similar to "Cannot find file; Please check path."
 M(> We are running Novell 2.15c and have the 3.01 ipx and xmnet3.
 M(> Command.com mapped as Z.  I tried to map root Z to the dos directory, put
 M(> nothing changed (error still there).   I
 M(> then completely deleted the windows
 M(> directory and copied an installation
 M(> from a system that worked.  I still had
 M(> the same problem.
 M(> I have also checked all paths and setups for the DOS prompt icon.  All are
 M(> correct.
 M(> Any info that might lead me in the right direction would be
 M(> greatly appreciated.

Had the same problem here and found that I had to increase the files/buffers size on the machine I was trying to use to make it work.  This is of course after I had tried every other thing under the sun to make it work.  Just to damn simple ;)

73 De Jeff, CEO/SysOp Jaguar's Networking Labs (303)377-2371

--- XRS! 4.00+DV
 * Origin: Jag's Point Place, QBBS 2.75g HST/DS, Denver (Quick 1:104/477.1)

Jeff Tensly - via MetroNet node 200:5000/301
The Bohemia BBS System, Boulder Colorado (303)449-8946
UUCP:  Jeff.Tensly@p1.f477.n104.z1.METRONET.ORG
 or :  ...!boulder!bohemia.METRONET.ORG!1!104!477.1!Jeff.Tensly