[comp.windows.ms] XVTDRAW

my@dtg.nsc.com (Michael Yip) (11/22/90)

Hi, someone mentioned about the simple drawing program
called XVT Draw.  I used it in Window/386 but it didn't
work in Window 3.0.  I rather like the package.

Can someone PLEASE send me the Window 3.0 version of
XVT Draw thru emial?  Many thanks.

-- Mike Yip
   my@dtg.nsc.com

radvan (Don Radvan) (11/22/90)

In article <1541@berlioz.nsc.com> my@berlioz.UUCP (Michael Yip) writes:

>Can someone PLEASE send me the Window 3.0 version of
>XVT Draw thru emial?  Many thanks.
>
>-- Mike Yip
>   my@dtg.nsc.com

Interest is probably sufficient on this baby to post to comp.binaries.ibm.pc
if some lucky owner of XVT Draw for W3.0 is willing, and if it is not
huge (Say less than 20 parts 8-)).

If you think not, then email me too please.

Don Radvan
MDI/Motorola

// Disclaimer = TRUE //

andrzej@bcars268.UUCP (Andrzej Bieszczad) (11/22/90)

In article <1990Nov22.003809.21886@mdivax1.uucp>,  writes:
|> In article <1541@berlioz.nsc.com> my@berlioz.UUCP (Michael Yip) writes:
|> >
|> >Can someone PLEASE send me the Window 3.0 version of
|> >XVT Draw thru emial?  Many thanks.
|> >
|> >-- Mike Yip
|> >   my@dtg.nsc.com
|>
|> Interest is probably sufficient on this baby to post to comp.binaries.ibm.pc
|> if some lucky owner of XVT Draw for W3.0 is willing, and if it is not
|> huge (Say less than 20 parts 8-)).
|>
|> If you think not, then email me too please.

If the version for Windows 3 exists, I will appreciate email as well.
(I do have a version for previous releases of Windows; it still works
in the real mode. I loaded it from PD1:<MSDOS.MSWINDOWS> at
wuarchive.wustl.edu.ind on July 17)
=======================

Andrzej Bieszczad                     | Phone:  (613) 763-2259
Bell-Northern Research, Ltd.          | Fax:    (613) 763-3283
Dept. 7G12, P.O. Box 3511, Station C, | USENET: uunet!bnrgate!eh!andrzej
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1Y 4H7      | BitNet: andrzej@BNR.CA

my@dtg.nsc.com (Michael Yip) (11/22/90)

I tried my copy of XVT Draw that used to work in WIN/386 under
MS Window 3.0 Real Mode.  Unfortunately, it didn't work very
well and I basically forget about it.  But if there is a version
for MS Window 3.0, please please email or post it somewhere.

-- Mike

PS: By the way, is that company still there?
    They were also making "Window" librarries that works
    under MAC QuickDraw, MS Window/2.x, and alos OS/2.

tom@mims-iris.waterloo.edu (Tom Haapanen) (11/22/90)

Michael Yip <my@berlioz.UUCP> writes:
> I tried my copy of XVT Draw that used to work in WIN/386 under
> MS Window 3.0 Real Mode.  Unfortunately, it didn't work very
> well and I basically forget about it.  But if there is a version
> for MS Window 3.0, please please email or post it somewhere.

OK, I've emailed to four people, it's time to post!  :)

XVTDraw for Windows 3.0 is on cica.cica.indiana.edu, in one of the
/pub/pc/win3 subdirectorues.  It works in 386 mode, but it has some bugs.

> PS: By the way, is that company still there?
>     They were also making "Window" librarries that works
>     under MAC QuickDraw, MS Window/2.x, and alos OS/2.

They still are.  The XVT libraries are available for Mac, Windows 3.0, OS/2
PM and Motif.  Alas, the libraries provide more or less an "intersection"
of the various systems' capabilities, not a "union".  This tends to cripple
the resulting applications to some degree, unless you also include system-
dependent code.

[ \tom haapanen --- university of waterloo --- tom@mims-iris.waterloo.edu ]
[ "i don't even know what street canada is on"               -- al capone ]

v119l94u@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Dennis G Crawford) (11/23/90)

In article <1990Nov22.003809.21886@mdivax1.uucp>,   writes...
>Interest is probably sufficient on this baby to post to comp.binaries.ibm.pc
>if some lucky owner of XVT Draw for W3.0 is willing, and if it is not
>huge (Say less than 20 parts 8-)).
>
>If you think not, then email me too please.

	I think it *IS*.  In fact, place me on the list, too!  I'm definately
interested in seeing this.  I saw an older version of XVT-Draw, but at the
time, didn't really have a use for it.  I then saw something that was on my
friend's MACINTOSH computer.  He created a MACPAINT file, and then went into
TEXT mode, and then typed in some text with fonts.  He had an HP DeskWriter
Printer.  It looked really sharp.  I now just recently bought an HP DeskJet and
I really like it, although I tried to print this .MAC file, but it was all
pixels!  Ugh!  Maybe I should try and re-make the picture and text, but.. I'd
definately like to see this 3.0 Version of XVT.  I wouldn't mind spending $50
for something like that.

)_Dennis_(
----
//.=.\\ CRAWFORD@AUTARCH.ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU + DGCRAWFO@SUNRISE.ACS.SYR.EDU //.=.\\
......    V119L94U@UBVMS.CC.BUFFALO.EDU + WRUB 640am + SUNY--Buffalo    .......
......       The flames are all gone -- but the pain lingers on.        .......
\\.=.//-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=->Dennis G. Crawford<-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-\\.=.//

akm@cs.uoregon.edu (Anant Kartik Mithal) (11/23/90)

In article <47377@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> v119l94u@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu writes:
>In article <1990Nov22.003809.21886@mdivax1.uucp>,   writes...
>>Interest is probably sufficient on this baby to post to comp.binaries.ibm.pc
>>if some lucky owner of XVT Draw for W3.0 is willing, and if it is not
>>huge (Say less than 20 parts 8-)).
>>
>>If you think not, then email me too please.

I uploaded the win3 version of XVT to cica.cica.indiana.edu a few days
ago.

kartik

--
Anant Kartik Mithal                                     akm@cs.uoregon.edu
Network Manager, 					(503)346-4408 (msgs)

callahan@mimsy.umd.edu (Jack Callahan) (03/17/91)

My copy of XVTDRAW used to work until one day it
posted an scaling error message window and things
just haven't been the same since.  Has anyone else
had this problem?  I noticed that it used to not
come up full screen (when it worked), but now it
takes up the whole screen upon starting (now that
it doesn't work).

I've even downloaded it again and I get the same
problem.  Is there some .ini file it's reading?
Help!

Sincerely,

-- jack

hadgraft@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au (Hadgraft) (03/18/91)

In article <31582@mimsy.umd.edu>, callahan@mimsy.umd.edu (Jack Callahan) writes:
> My copy of XVTDRAW used to work until one day it
> posted an scaling error message window and things
> just haven't been the same since.  Has anyone else
> had this problem?  I noticed that it used to not
> come up full screen (when it worked), but now it
> takes up the whole screen upon starting (now that
> it doesn't work).

It doesn't work too well with postscript printers. That's when I get the scaling
error. It works OK with printers of lower resolution.
  |  Senior Lecturer                |  hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au   |
  |  Dept of Civil Engineering      |  phone:  +61 3 565 4983          |
  |  Monash University              |  fax:    +61 3 565 4944 or 3409  |