[comp.windows.ms] X window bitmap to *.bmp converter/

hp0p+@andrew.cmu.edu (Hokkun Pang) (03/07/91)

is there a conversion program for X window bitmaps to windows bitmaps?

keating@rex.cs.tulane.edu (John W. Keating) (03/07/91)

hp0p+@andrew.cmu.edu (Hokkun Pang) writes:

>is there a conversion program for X window bitmaps to windows bitmaps?

Believe it or not, I'm currently working on one.  It's phase one in my
ms-neko project.  Hopefully, I'll have it in working condition by the
end of the week.  I'll keep those who are interested posted.  (When it
is finished, I'll notify the net that I'm uploading it to cica.)

John Keating
--
 +---------------------------------------+ +---------------------------+
 | Looking for geneological histories of | | keating@rex.cs.tulane.edu |

leo@unipalm.uucp (E.J. Leoni-Smith) (03/14/91)

hp0p+@andrew.cmu.edu (Hokkun Pang) writes:

>is there a conversion program for X window bitmaps to windows bitmaps?

You can do it by using windows comaptible X server - X11/AT from
Integrated Inference machines - then just bring up your X bitmap and cut'n'
paste it into the windows notepad or whatever.

Its the most amazing thing I have seen. I almost believe in interoperability :-)

chris@vision.uucp (Chris Davies) (03/15/91)

hp0p+@andrew.cmu.edu (Hokkun Pang) writes:
>is there a conversion program for X window bitmaps to windows bitmaps?

In article <1991Mar14.015534.25641@unipalm.uucp> leo@unipalm.uucp (E.J.
Leoni-Smith) replies:
>You can do it by using windows comaptible X server - X11/AT from
>Integrated Inference machines - then just bring up your X bitmap and cut'n'
>paste it into the windows notepad or whatever.

You can do this with XVision from VisionWare, too  :-)

>Its the most amazing thing I have seen. I almost believe in interoperability :-)
Ditto..!

Chris
--
VISIONWARE LTD         | UK: chris@vision.uucp    JANET: chris%vision.uucp@ukc
57 Cardigan Lane       | US: chris@vware.mn.org   BANGNET: ...!ukc!vision!chris

hp0p+@andrew.cmu.edu (Hokkun Pang) (03/18/91)

!
!In article <1991Mar14.015534.25641@unipalm.uucp> leo@unipalm.uucp (E.J.
!Leoni-Smith) replies:
!>You can do it by using windows comaptible X server - X11/AT from
!>Integrated Inference machines - then just bring up your X bitmap and cut'n'
!>paste it into the windows notepad or whatever.
!
!You can do this with XVision from VisionWare, too  :-)

Is XVision free? Someone sent me a freeby, w/source codes!

!
!>Its the most amazing thing I have seen. I almost believe in
!>interoperability :-)
!Ditto..!

That's little program is quite amazing too, I mean, it does what I needed. ;-)