[comp.windows.ms] ATM, fonts, and Word/Pagemaker3

parker@cs.wvu.wvnet.edu (James Parker) (03/18/91)

I recently installed ATM but Word for Windows and Pagemaker3 won't
recognize any of the installed fonts.

Word doesn't even let me select them as an option in the font list, but
Pagemaker presents the fonts, yet when I select them they all appear on
screen as Times.  Am I doing something very wrong??  Has anyone else ever
had this problem???

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Parker

--
 James Parker   (parker@cs.wvu.wvnet.edu)     /* STANDARD DISCLAIMERS */
   WVU ComputerScience     |

lair@ellis.uchicago.edu (Scott A. Laird) (03/18/91)

In article <1345@h.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu> parker@cs.wvu.wvnet.edu (James Parker) writes:

>I recently installed ATM but Word for Windows and Pagemaker3 won't
>recognize any of the installed fonts.
>
>Word doesn't even let me select them as an option in the font list, but
>Pagemaker presents the fonts, yet when I select them they all appear on
>screen as Times.  Am I doing something very wrong??  Has anyone else ever
>had this problem???
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Parker
>
>--
> James Parker   (parker@cs.wvu.wvnet.edu)     /* STANDARD DISCLAIMERS */
>   WVU ComputerScience     |
>    Graphic & Computation  |          Do not write in this space.
>    Lab Coordinator        |

After you install ATM (or add fonts to it later) you have to set the printer
up again in the application.  Just pull down the file menu and select printer
setup, then hit Ok.  It should work.  Once you get it working, take a look at
the fonts on cica.cica.indiana.edu.  There are about 100 ATM fonts in the
/pub/pc/win3/fonts directory.  Good luck!

--
Scott A. Laird            |  Any semblance of the above to anything is purely
lair@midway.uchicago.edu  |  coincidental, as it was the result of an infinite

sarnold@bgsuvax.UUCP (G. Steve Arnold) (03/19/91)

From article <1345@h.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu>, by parker@cs.wvu.wvnet.edu (James Parker):

> I recently installed ATM but Word for Windows and Pagemaker3 won't
> recognize any of the installed fonts.
>
> Word doesn't even let me select them as an option in the font list, but
> Pagemaker presents the fonts, yet when I select them they all appear on
> screen as Times.  Am I doing something very wrong??  Has anyone else ever
> had this problem???
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

 Hey, dude... try selecting printer setup from inside word after installing
the new fonts. Word doesn't recognize them until you do. I can't tell you a
thing about Pagemaker, but you might want to try the same thing there as well.

- Good Luck

sarnold@andy.bgsu.edu

p.s.  Know anything about an extended math symbol font for atm, or perhaps
a font editor?