[comp.windows.ms] Windows 3.0 and IIP

reichard@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Kevin Reichard) (03/20/91)

grit@purcell.CS.ColoState.Edu (Dale Grit) writes:
>I can't get Windows 3.0 to talk to my HP LaserJet IIP.
>
>I am running Windows 3.0 in 386 enhanced mode.
>The printer installation and configuration appeared to be trivial.
>All setup screens seem to be correct.
>
>But, when I try to print (eg. from Write or FileManager), I get:
>   Printer Error:
>   Cannot Print:  An error has occurred while printing --
>   make sure the printer is properly configured and selected.
>
>Windows also won't let me print to a file.
>
>I have no trouble using the DOS print command or with printing from
>WordPerfect.
>
>Dale Grit  grit@cs.colostate.edu

Hmm. I haven't had any troubles, and I'm using Win3 and a IIP. If you're also
having problems printing to a file, I suspect you should try to reinstall
Windows, and lacking that, calling Microsoft to make sure you didn't get a bad
disk that contaisn the printer driver.

--K.

UUCP: {amdahl!bungia, crash}!orbit!pnet51!reichard
ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!reichard@nosc.mil
INET: reichard@pnet51.orb.mn.org