[comp.windows.ms] Windwos 3.1 + File Manager

hadgraft@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au (Hadgraft) (03/21/91)

In article <wRB4y2w162w@zooid>, digersj@zooid (Jeff Digers) writes:
> Does anyone know what is happening to the 3.1 release of Windows? Most of us
> have been waiting a while to see what bugs Microsoft has worked out and the
> new features it has put in, but until then, I've switched back to DESQview
> 386 2.31, a MUCH more reliable 386 multitasker.

If you're using Windows merely as a task switcher, you're not really getting
much value out of it. DesqView is (and probably always will be) a better
solution if you're just running DOS applications.

I saw a screen for the proposed FileManager for Win 3.1. MS have placed the
directory tree and current directory side by side in the one window (like XTree
and others). I hope they will still provide the capability for multiple
directory windows to be open simultaneously.my
  |  Roger Hadgraft                 +----------------------------------+
  |  Senior Lecturer                |  hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au   |
  |  Dept of Civil Engineering      |  phone:  +61 3 565 4983          |
  |  Monash University              |  fax:    +61 3 565 4944 or 3409  |

ntaib@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Nur Iskandar Taib) (03/21/91)

>I saw a screen for the proposed FileManager for Win 3.1. MS have placed the
>directory tree and current directory side by side in the one window
(like XTree and others). I hope they will still provide the capability
for multiple directory windows to be open simultaneously.my

Actually, it looks suspiciously like the file manager in the Dos 4
Shell.

Iskandar Taib                        | The only thing worse than Peach ala
Internet: NTAIB@AQUA.UCS.INDIANA.EDU |    Frog is Frog ala Peach
Bitnet:   NTAIB@IUBACS               !