[comp.windows.ms] Logitech Bus mouse and Windows 386 Enhanced

cadsi@ccad.uiowa.edu (CADSI) (03/21/91)

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.  Somebody tell me why on earth my logitech bus
mouse brings Windows to a standstill in 386/Enhanced mode.  I put the
jumper at the 30Hz report setting.  I am using this mouse on a 386/25,
Weitek 3067, 2 Meg Ram, a couple 40 MEg IDE drives (WD).  SheeeeeeSH!!!!??!

The deal is, in real mode, no problems.  Standard mode, no problems.
386 Enhanced mode, Windows doesn't move (i mean i can even stop a menu
from regenerating itself) if I start moving the mouse.  I just don't get it.
I called Logitech and got the "duh, I dunno".  Great!!!.

|Tom Hite					|  The views expressed by me |
|Manager, Product development			|  are mine, not necessarily |
|CADSI (Computer Aided Design Software Inc.	|  the views of CADSI.       |

bwb@sei.cmu.edu (Bruce Benson) (03/22/91)

In article <1991Mar21.041053.31263@ccad.uiowa.edu> cadsi@ccad.uiowa.edu (CADSI) writes:
>The deal is, in real mode, no problems.  Standard mode, no problems.
>386 Enhanced mode, Windows doesn't move (i mean i can even stop a menu
>from regenerating itself) if I start moving the mouse.  I just don't get it.
>I called Logitech and got the "duh, I dunno".  Great!!!.

My Logitech Bus mouse (driver ver 3.42) works fine with windows enhanced.  The
mouse is a model P7-3F (don't have the board ver/model).  I load the driver
as a TSR (can't remember if they have a config.sys version), but I understand
Windows shuts it down and uses its own driver.  I have a zeos 386/16 8Mb,
V7 1024i, DOS 4.01, use himem.sys/smartdrv/emm386, a couple of MFM drives....

--
* Bruce Benson                 + Internet  - bwb@sei.cmu.edu  +       +
* SSC/XPE                      +      bbenson@xpe.ssc.af.mil  +    >--|>

cadsi@ccad.uiowa.edu (CADSI) (03/22/91)

From article <23017@as0c.sei.cmu.edu>, by bwb@sei.cmu.edu (Bruce Benson):
> In article <1991Mar21.041053.31263@ccad.uiowa.edu> cadsi@ccad.uiowa.edu (CADSI) writes:
>>The deal is, in real mode, no problems.  Standard mode, no problems.
>>386 Enhanced mode, Windows doesn't move (i mean i can even stop a menu
>>from regenerating itself) if I start moving the mouse.  I just don't get it.
>>I called Logitech and got the "duh, I dunno".  Great!!!.
>
> My Logitech Bus mouse (driver ver 3.42) works fine with windows enhanced.  The
> mouse is a model P7-3F (don't have the board ver/model).  I load the driver
> as a TSR (can't remember if they have a config.sys version), but I understand
> Windows shuts it down and uses its own driver.  I have a zeos 386/16 8Mb,
> V7 1024i, DOS 4.01, use himem.sys/smartdrv/emm386, a couple of MFM drives....

I am using the 4.1 (or 4.01, can't remember) driver from Logitech.  Its
ONLY Windows that crawls.  Loading (or not loading for that matter) the
mouse driver has no effect on Windows.  SHEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSHHHH!!!!!!

|Tom Hite					|  The views expressed by me |
|Manager, Product development			|  are mine, not necessarily |
|CADSI (Computer Aided Design Software Inc.	|  the views of CADSI.       |

mjb@netcom.COM (Martin Brown) (03/23/91)

I'm using a Logitech HiRez bus mouse that works fine with Windows 3.0.
In fact, it worked fine with Windows 2.1 way back when.  It's been so long
since I installed it (way back when) I don't remember what if anything I set
when I installed it.  I don't believe I've upgraded its software, I just
pretend it's a MS mouse (it's MS mouse compatible).

                            - mjb -

                     USENET: mjb@netcom.com