[comp.windows.ms] problems with wnqvtnet in windows 386 enhanced mode

dorsai@iear.arts.rpi.edu (gregory d moncreaff) (03/24/91)

	it seems that i can run wnqvtnet just fine in standard mode but if
i try to run it in 386 enhanced mode not only will it not run but i have to
reboot the machine and reload the packet drivers before being able to run
again in either standard mode windows or dossy cutcp telnet.

	has anyone had a like problem or found a way to get wnqvtnet to run
in enhanced mode?

	any assistance will sorely be appreciated...

greg

pcb@basin04.cacs.usl.edu (Peter C. Bahrs) (03/24/91)

In article <mf4fsm+@rpi.edu> dorsai@iear.arts.rpi.edu (gregory d moncreaff) writes:

>	it seems that i can run wnqvtnet just fine in standard mode but if
>i try to run it in 386 enhanced mode not only will it not run but i have to
>reboot the machine and reload the packet drivers before being able to run
>again in either standard mode windows or dossy cutcp telnet.
>
>	has anyone had a like problem or found a way to get wnqvtnet to run
>in enhanced mode?
>
>	any assistance will sorely be appreciated...
>
>greg

I have wnqvtnet working just fine on an IBM ps/2 16mhz 386 and a
Compaq 325e/386; both in enhanced mode.  Ths ps/2 has an Ungermann
bass NICPS2 card and the Compaq has a 3com.  Both also use packet
drivers so that I can run netware also.

However (as I posted), wnqvtnet will not run on my new Dell 333d/386 or
Compuad 33mhs machines!  Why?  I don't know.  There is no error.
I select the icon but nothing happens!  Could it be the speed of the
processor or something?

peter