[comp.windows.ms] WinPaint no longer has colors

daneman@czech.sw.mcc.com (Michael Daneman) (03/26/91)

In article <38970001@hpindwa.cup.hp.com> herb@hpindwa.cup.hp.com (Herb Gellis) writes:
> Now WinPaint comes up in glorious black and white. No color palettes, etc.
> Anybody have a clue how to get back the color, other than by re-installing
 WIN3 again? I looked through the original disks and none of the files there

Are you sure you are not just low on memory or disk space?  When I run
Paint and my diskspace is low, it comes up in black and white.

Hope this helps

       "No clever quote available today."
                                      -Mike.

brim@cbmvax.commodore.com (Mike Brim - Product Assurance) (03/27/91)

In article <4972@czech.sw.mcc.com> daneman@czech.sw.mcc.com (Michael Daneman) writes:

> In article <38970001@hpindwa.cup.hp.com> herb@hpindwa.cup.hp.com (Herb Gellis) writes:
> > Now WinPaint comes up in glorious black and white. No color palettes, etc.
> > Anybody have a clue how to get back the color, other than by re-installing
>  WIN3 again? I looked through the original disks and none of the files there
>
> Are you sure you are not just low on memory or disk space?  When I run
> Paint and my diskspace is low, it comes up in black and white.

Also try looking in Options/Image Attibutes/Colors.
Disclaimer: I don't speak for my company or myself.

Mike Brim			     |	Commodore Electronics Limited
PC Analyst - System Evaluation Group | 	West Chester, PA 19380
Product Assurance		     |	InterNet: brim@cbmvax.commodore.com