[comp.windows.ms] Zero free resources with Corel 2.0?????

timur@seas.gwu.edu (The Time Traveler) (03/28/91)

I'm running Corel Draw 2.0, and Windows tells me that I have zero percent
free resources.  I can believe this, because switching in and out of
Corel takes forever.  Oh, this is only when I have a complex drawing
loaded.

I have an 8MB PS/2 70-A21, with disk swapping turned off (Paging=No under
[386enh] in my system.ini), and before Corel I have about 5.2MB free,
and once it's loaded, I have about 5.0MB free, but 0% free resources.

So, my questions are:

1. Is this normal for Corel Draw?
2. If yes, then how can I increase my resources?
3. If no, how do I fix it?

Thanx in advance!

----------------------------------------------------------- The Time Traveler
I used to love her                                          a.k.a. Timur Tabi
But I had to kill her                            Internet: timur@seas.gwu.edu
I had to put her six feet under                  Bitnet:         HE891C@GWUVM
And I can still here her complain  - Guns 'n Roses

donna@micor.ocunix.on.ca (Donna Hogan) (04/01/91)

In article <2944@sparko.gwu.edu> timur@seas.gwu.edu () writes:
>I'm running Corel Draw 2.0, and Windows tells me that I have zero percent
>free resources.  I can believe this, because switching in and out of
>Corel takes forever.  Oh, this is only when I have a complex drawing
>loaded.
>
>I have an 8MB PS/2 70-A21, with disk swapping turned off (Paging=No under
>[386enh] in my system.ini), and before Corel I have about 5.2MB free,
>and once it's loaded, I have about 5.0MB free, but 0% free resources.
>
>So, my questions are:
>
>1. Is this normal for Corel Draw?
>2. If yes, then how can I increase my resources?
>3. If no, how do I fix it?

No, it's not normal for Corel Draw.  I have talked to some people who have
a similar problem.  In all cases they were using QEMM to manage their memory
not the Windows' himem.  Disabling, that is putting an exclude statement,
shadow ram seemed to solve the problem.  So, the question now is:  do you
use QEMM and if so, have you already disabled shadow ram?  If you haven't
done so, see what happens.  If you don't have QEMM, do you have shadow ram
on your system anyway?  Built-in to your setup perhaps?

Donna

--
Donna Hogan
uucp: micor!donna        internet:  donna@micor.ocunix.on.ca