[comp.windows.ms] Internal Stack Overflow

shepard@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Brett Shepard) (04/02/91)

I'm babysitting two machines, one running DOS 4.0, the other DOS 4.0 and win3.
Today, both machines locked up, one entering WordPerfect, the other while
running WordPerfect.  They both gave the same error:

Internal stack overflow
System Halted

The only solution for either was to cold re-boot the machine.  Apparently, the
machine running win has had this problem before, but the other one hasn't.

Hardware and software configurations available if needed.

Any help with this would be most appreciated.

Please e-mail directly - I don't get nearly as much time to read news as I
would like.  I will gladly post a summary if interest warrents.

Thanks again in advance for your help.

Brett

btw - if this has been covered lately, I would appreciate someone sending
me any collected lists of correspondace on the topic.

"Just the opinions, ma'am."  |   Brett Shepard         | Close your eyes and
Go ahead, crash our system!  |   Ball State University | pretend that there is
UUCP:  shepard@bsu-cs.bsu.edu|   Muncie, IN            | a fancy graphic here

jpl5@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Jay P Lessler) (04/02/91)

In article <12594@bsu-cs.bsu.edu> shepard@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Brett Shepard) writes:
>I'm babysitting two machines, one running DOS 4.0, the other DOS 4.0 and win3.
>Today, both machines locked up, one entering WordPerfect, the other while
>running WordPerfect.  They both gave the same error:
>
>Internal stack overflow
>System Halted
>
>The only solution for either was to cold re-boot the machine.  Apparently, the
>machine running win has had this problem before, but the other one hasn't.
>
>Hardware and software configurations available if needed.
>
>Any help with this would be most appreciated.
>
>Please e-mail directly - I don't get nearly as much time to read news as I
>would like.  I will gladly post a summary if interest warrents.
>
>Thanks again in advance for your help.
>
>Brett
>
>btw - if this has been covered lately, I would appreciate someone sending
>me any collected lists of correspondace on the topic.

Well, concidering that today is April fools day, this might be the effects
of a virus that activates on April 1 of the given day.  Personally, I set
my computer's clock to April 2nd *yesterday* to stop the stupid viruses. :-)

			-J

				jpl5@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu