[net.followup] Aida computer language

steve@brl-tgr.ARPA (Stephen Wolff <steve>) (05/16/85)

In article <1131@ihuxe.UUCP> chas@ihuxe.UUCP (Charles Lambert) writes:

>To the best of my knowledge, AIDA was developed at the request of the
>U.S. Navy, for high-integrity military programming, ......

Odd.  I thought AIDA was developed by Verdi for high-decibel singers.
--
Stephen Wolff

ben@moncol.UUCP (Bennett Broder) (05/16/85)

>To the best of my knowledge, AIDA was developed at the request of the
>U.S. Navy, for high-integrity military programming, so there ought to
>be a wealth of information about it here.
>
>Charlie Lambert
>AT&T Bell Labs
>Naperville, IL.

No, AIDA was an opera, written by Verdi.  The computer language in
question is ADA, and was developed for the department of defense.

Ben Broder
..ihnp4!princeton!moncol!ben