[comp.windows.ms] Middle Buttons on Mice... and Usher

2fmmempty@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (04/01/91)

How do I get the third button on my mouse to work in windows?  I have an AT&T
(logitech) three button mouse... and I have tried using bot the Logitech Driver
and the Microsoft driver included with the windows setup.

I hadn't really cared until I noticed Usher could be configured to use a middle
button.  But windows doesn't recognize mine.

And while I am on that Usher subject... I like the simplicity of Usher so
much I thought I would use it as my shell.  but there is one function I miss
from Progman... the ability to Alt-Tab through windows.  I like this function,
especially when switching between full screen dos programs.  anyone out there
know of.. or willing to program a little TSR replacement for this function?  I
would be willing to pay about $5 for a little program like this.

Stephen Figgins
2fmmempty@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
Fido 1:280/104

cchapman@msd.gatech.edu (Chuck H. Chapman) (04/02/91)

In <1991Apr1.144537.29395@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> 2fmmempty@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
.
.
.
>And while I am on that Usher subject... I like the simplicity of Usher so
>much I thought I would use it as my shell.  but there is one function I miss
>from Progman... the ability to Alt-Tab through windows.  I like this function,
>especially when switching between full screen dos programs.  anyone out there
>know of.. or willing to program a little TSR replacement for this function?  I
>would be willing to pay about $5 for a little program like this.

Perhaps I don't understand what you want to do but Alt-Tab still works with
Usher.  You can hold down the Alt key and each time you hit tab, Windows
cycles to the next program.  For full screen DOS programs, Windows puts a
red title bar at the top of the screen with the name of the application that
will become active when you release the Alt key.  It seems to work the same
way it did when I was using Progman.

Chuck

--
Charles H. Chapman  (GTRI/MATD)             (404) 528-7588
* Home of the 1990 National Champion Ga. Tech Yellow Jackets *

cms2839@isc.rit.edu (a.stranger) (04/03/91)

In article <1991Apr1.144537.29395@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> 2fmmempty@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:

>And while I am on that Usher subject... I like the simplicity of Usher so
>much I thought I would use it as my shell.  but there is one function I miss
>from Progman... the ability to Alt-Tab through windows.  I like this function,
>especially when switching between full screen dos programs.  anyone out there
>know of.. or willing to program a little TSR replacement for this function?  I
>would be willing to pay about $5 for a little program like this.

				this comes from Windows , *not* program
manager . as such , using usher as the shell does not disable it ( i use
usher as my shell and can still use alt-Tab ) .

--
       @     "Imagination keeps the shadows away  -  Xymox      @