[comp.windows.ms] Windows 3.0 apps

moore@iastate.edu (Moore Brian Joseph) (04/03/91)

I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of the application base for
MS Windows 3.0.  I know Windows will run any DOS app but I'm interested in
apps specifically written for Windows.  I see Lotus finally has a windows
version... WordPerfect doesn't... but what is the overall market like?

  /                                  /                                    /
 /  Brian J. Moore                  /                  moore@iastate.edu /
/__________________________________/____________________________________/

cms2839@isc.rit.edu (a.stranger) (04/03/91)

In article <moore.670614317@pv0324.vincent.iastate.edu> moore@iastate.edu (Moore Brian Joseph) writes:

	[ question about who has released windows applications ]

> WordPerfect doesn't... but what is the overall market like?

				WordPerfect for windows should hit the
streets in a month or two . actually , Lotus does not have a windows
version of 1-2-3 ( there is an OS/2 version , and , of course , they
distribute Ami Pro , a windows based word processor ) , but Excel is a
better spreadsheet anyway . i cannot think of a major category of
software which does not have multiple windows representations , and the
shareware market is pretty good , too ...

--
       @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
       @     "Imagination keeps the shadows away  -  Xymox      @

ntaib@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Nur Iskandar Taib) (04/04/91)

>I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of the application base for
>MS Windows 3.0.  I know Windows will run any DOS app but I'm interested in
>apps specifically written for Windows.  I see Lotus finally has a windows
>version... WordPerfect doesn't... but what is the overall market like?

The Orem people will soon have a Wordperfect for Windows. Its
due out in June. Looks preety good too (look at previous post).

I suppose we'll be plugging along with Wordperfect for Dos v. 5.1
till then... its only 2 months though 8-)

Iskandar Taib                        | The only thing worse than Peach ala
Internet: NTAIB@AQUA.UCS.INDIANA.EDU |    Frog is Frog ala Peach
Bitnet:   NTAIB@IUBACS               !