[comp.windows.ms] Minor Upgrade for Word for Windows

ashwath@gn.ecn.purdue.edu (Ashwath Ram) (04/04/91)

Microsoft has announced a minor upgrade to Word for Windows 1.1
the new version is called 1.1a. It is free to 1.1 users if they
call the Word support group at 206-637-7099. It costs $7.50 +
handling if you call Microsoft sales center at 1-800-426-9400.

The upgrade allows you to import from more graphic modes and
has extra printer drivers.

Cheers,

Ashwath Ram

landers@zeus.mgmt.purdue.edu (Chris Landers) (04/04/91)

In article <1991Apr4.043625.12179@gn.ecn.purdue.edu> ashwath@gn.ecn.purdue.edu (Ashwath Ram) writes:

>Microsoft has announced a minor upgrade to Word for Windows 1.1
>the new version is called 1.1a. It is free to 1.1 users if they
>call the Word support group at 206-637-7099. It costs $7.50 +
>handling if you call Microsoft sales center at 1-800-426-9400.
>
>The upgrade allows you to import from more graphic modes and
>has extra printer drivers.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Ashwath Ram

It also corrects the problems of exchanging Word files with Mac users.
We've discovered that the combination of WinWord 1.1a and MacWord 4.0d
allows seamless translation on the DOS side, including tables and formulas.

If you are using versions less than these, WinWord may not be able to open
a native MacWord file, or some of the formatting may be lost.  Note that using
an intermediate RTF format will lose somethings in the translation.

--
   || Christopher Landers           || PURDUE UNIVERSITY - KRAN 708 ||