[comp.windows.ms] Emulation of 80x87/ with Windows3

coy@engin.umich.edu (Todd Coy) (04/05/91)

	I have recently heard about a piece of software that will emulate a
intel 80x87.  Will this work with windows? Has anybody tried it? Can Anyone
tell me where I could find it.

	I belive the name of the program was Frank???  and it was from some
one in Germany.

	Please Email me at coy@caen.engin.umich.edu

	or

	post to net.

Thanx;

Todd.

dsc@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Daniel S Clemons_Jr ) (04/05/91)

In article <1991Apr4.194523.3419@engin.umich.edu> coy@engin.umich.edu (Todd Coy) writes:
>	I have recently heard about a piece of software that will emulate a
>intel 80x87.  Will this work with windows? Has anybody tried it? Can Anyone
>tell me where I could find it.
>	I belive the name of the program was Frank???  and it was from some
>one in Germany.
>
>Todd.

I found the program you are talking about.  It is called Franke.387.
It emulates a 387 very well... utill you run Windows.  They dont get
along. AT ALL.  Windows knows that it isn't the chip, and freezes.

I tried running it while in Windows, but got the message System
Integrity Violated, Close up and exit.

All in all, very nasty.

Danny
All the world's a stage, and men and women but players. -- Wm Shakespeare
I want to run the trap door! -- me
Daniel S. Clemons                                 dsc@phobos.cis.ksu.edu
Dept of Electrical & Computer Engg.               danny@ksuvm.ksu.ksu.edu