[comp.windows.ms] Xwindows and MS Windows 3.0

wrp@biochsn.acc.Virginia.EDU (William R. Pearson) (03/28/91)

	I am about to start running MS Windows 3.0 and would like to run
X-windows on the same machine (possibly at the same time).  I would
appreciate names of vendors for X-windows for DOS and MS Windows 3.0

Bill Pearson

chris@vision.uucp (Chris Davies) (04/04/91)

In article <1991Mar28.041557.28674@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU>
wrp@biochsn.acc.Virginia.EDU (William R. Pearson) writes:
>	I am about to start running MS Windows 3.0 and would like to run
>X-windows on the same machine (possibly at the same time).  I would
>appreciate names of vendors for X-windows for DOS and MS Windows 3.0

We have a product, XVision, which will let you use your PC as an X display
server while running MS Windows 3.

Contact me for further details if you're interested (end of quick plug).

Chris
--
VISIONWARE LTD         | UK: chris@vision.uucp    JANET: chris%vision.uucp@ukc
57 Cardigan Lane       | US: chris@vware.mn.org   BANGNET: ...!ukc!vision!chris

my@falcon.Berkeley.EDU (Michael Yip) (04/06/91)

In addition to XVision, there are two more packages that allow
X Window to run under MS Window 3.0.

The two packages are :-
	(1) eXceed/W, from Hummingbird
	(2) X11/AT, from Integrated Inference Machines

You can probably find their ads in UNIX World or UNIX Review.

-- Mike Yip
   my@berlioz.nsc.com
   (408) 721-5148