[comp.windows.ms] New 24-pin drivers great, but...

ctne_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Chris Newbold) (04/03/91)

I love the new 24-pin dot-matrix drivers on cica. The output is *much*
better than that of the stock Windows driver. However, I think there might
be a small problem with them. All of my output is now shifted about 1/2"
to 3/4" closer to the left-hand margin; so centered text is not really
centered, etc.

I'm using the drivers with WfW 1.1 and ATM 1.0. Any suggestions?

-Chris

--
University of Rochester	*  		  will screw it up."		     *
Disclaimer: "All warranties expire upon payment of invoice."
ctne_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu * uhura.cc.rochester.edu!ctne_ltd@uunet

dcrowley@sunb.mqcc.mq.oz.au (David Crowley) (04/04/91)

My complaints too about the centering  -  great but...

And also where could one get/make more font files?

							David...

--
-----------------=\|/= = = = = Don't blow up, it's more fun to implode ! = = =
  David Crowley  --@--  Database Programmer, Macquarie University, Australia

amf@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Andrew Fountain) (04/05/91)

In <13157@ur-cc.UUCP> ctne_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Chris Newbold) writes:

>I love the new 24-pin dot-matrix drivers on cica. The output is *much*
>better than that of the stock Windows driver. However, I think there might
>be a small problem with them. All of my output is now shifted about 1/2"
>to 3/4" closer to the left-hand margin; so centered text is not really
>centered, etc.

>I'm using the drivers with WfW 1.1 and ATM 1.0. Any suggestions?

I'm using the drivers with WfW 1.1 and ATM 1.0 as well and I'm not able
to reproduce the problem. What printer are you using? Are you sure you
have the page size set up correctly?

--
amf@ecs.soton.ac.uk                  Dr. Andrew Fountain
Tel: +44 703 592831                  Dept of Electronics and Computer Science

amf@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Andrew Fountain) (04/08/91)

In <1435@macuni.mqcc.mq.oz> dcrowley@sunb.mqcc.mq.oz.au (David Crowley) writes:

>And also where could one get/make more font files?

1. The hard way, using the SDK font editor (like I did)
2. Use ATM
3. Use the font generator that comes with the Adobe Plus Pack (I haven't
   tried this but it should work)

--
Andrew

--

mlord@bwdls58.bnr.ca (Mark Lord) (04/09/91)

<In <13157@ur-cc.UUCP> ctne_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Chris Newbold) writes:
<
<>I love the new 24-pin dot-matrix drivers on cica. The output is *much*
<>better than that of the stock Windows driver.

This is an incredibly good yet simple package!  The largest improvement is
gained by simply using the 24-pin fonts that are part of the package.
These are very nicely done.. are there more forthcoming?

The printer driver itself is also a very clever piece of code, and sure
enough, the output *really does* look nicer than the MS driver, even when
both are using the same 24-pin fonts.

In summary and IMHO, an Excellent contribution to the net.
--
MLORD@BNR.CA  Ottawa, Ontario *** Personal views only ***
begin 644 NOTSHARE.COM ; Free MS-DOS utility - use instead of SHARE.EXE