[comp.windows.ms] Question on WinQVT/NET & SLIP

mtang@sgi.com (Man Kit Tang) (04/12/91)

In article <3008@travis.csd.harris.com> leoh@sirius.Berkeley.EDU (Leo Hinds) writes:
>> WinQVT/NET does support SLIP (Serial Line IP). Problem of course is
>> how does one go about getting a SLIP connection??? Does it work over
>> a modem? How does SLIP work?
>
>WinQVT/net *REQUIRES* the use of the Clarkson packet drivers.  The
>packet drivers support
>SLIP (read the packet driver info for more details ... I do not use slip).

Does anyone know how I can get the Clarkson SLIP packet driver to run over
a telephone line through a modem ?  To be specific - how can I dial into the
remote SLIP machine in the first place ?  I like to run WinQVT/NET with the
Clarkson SLIP packet driver over a modem/telephone line to communicate to a
UNIX workstation that also has SLIP support.  Any helps, suggestions will
be appreciate.

-mkt