[comp.windows.ms] prevent loss of characters

hp0p+@andrew.cmu.edu (Hokkun Pang) (04/15/91)

Is there any other way to prevent loss of characters? I tried many settings of
the commbuffer entry but it doesn't seem to help. my modem operates at 19200.

altman@sbpmt.cs.sunysb.edu (Jeff Altman) (04/15/91)

In article <wc2CFza00YU60UIUx=@andrew.cmu.edu> hp0p+@andrew.cmu.edu (Hokkun Pang) writes:
>Is there any other way to prevent loss of characters? I tried many settings of
>the commbuffer entry but it doesn't seem to help. my modem operates at 19200.

Buy the new HAyes ESP board.  It provides a 1K buffer and DMA support when
used with products that support the ESP specification.  There are ESP
drivers available for Windows 3.0 from Hayes.

priced between $200 and $300.  ISA and MC (MCA is a registered trademark as in
the entertainment company) versions available.

Supposedly the drivers will support 16550ANF chips, however, I have yet to
get them to work.  And Hayes will not support users of the drivers who
do not have the ESP boards.

--
- Jeff  | Altmania Productions |================================|
 ~   ~	| 15 Yarmouth Lane     | jaltman    @ ccmail.sunysb.edu |