[comp.windows.ms] Wanted: memory reporter .....

jlu@cs.umr.edu (Jui-lin Lu) (04/14/91)

Greeting *:

Since most, if not all, of the DOS programs still use the 640K part
of RAM, it'll be very nice to have a memory reporter running in the
window to show the current available memory within 640K.  Is such
a program around somewhere as a PD/shareware?  You can either e-mail
or post here.  Thanks in advance!

--
***************************************---         student    		---*
* Obviousness is always the enemy of  *   \        Eric J. Lu          /   *

aragorn@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Steve J White) (04/16/91)

In article <2581@umriscc.isc.umr.edu> jlu@cs.umr.edu (Jui-lin Lu) writes:
>Greeting *:
>
>Since most, if not all, of the DOS programs still use the 640K part
>of RAM, it'll be very nice to have a memory reporter running in the
>window to show the current available memory within 640K.  Is such
>a program around somewhere as a PD/shareware?  You can either e-mail
>or post here.  Thanks in advance!

You should look around at the ftp site cica.cica.indiana.edu.  There are a
lot of Win3 sharware goodies for your pickings.  Specifically, look in
/pub/pc/win3/util for a file called freemem3.zip.  I think this is what you
are looking for.  If you need help doing the ftp and unarching, let me know
via e-mail.

- steve

--
"Laugh and the world laughs with you... |  All disclaimers apply...
     snore and you sleep alone."        |  except my own, of course.