[comp.windows.ms] PD or Shareware substitute for progman.exe

nyet@nntp-server.caltech.edu (n liu) (04/16/91)

Program Manager has long been a gripe of mine - it seems that anytime
i want to muck around in the file system, i either exit windows or
use a dos shell; which is only made barely tolerable by 4dos.

Does anybody out there know of a PD/Shareware version of a
decent Program Manager (more mac like would even be welcome:), especially
one that won't hog up my entire screen?

E-mail please - i'll post responses (god, i hope this isn't a FAQ - apologies
in advance, will welcome flames with open arms) I don't read this
group much.

nyet@nntp-server.caltech.edu (n liu) writes:

>Program Manager has long been a gripe of mine - it seems that anytime
>i want to muck around in the file system, i either exit windows or
>use a dos shell; which is only made barely tolerable by 4dos.

>Does anybody out there know of a PD/Shareware version of a
>decent Program Manager (more mac like would even be welcome:), especially
>one that won't hog up my entire screen?

>E-mail please - i'll post responses (god, i hope this isn't a FAQ - apologies
>in advance, will welcome flames with open arms) I don't read this
>group much.

whoops. I screwed that up. I meant of course File Manager...