[comp.windows.ms] WINWORD - Spelling check - problem FIXED

legg@ucs.adelaide.edu.au (Christian Legg) (04/17/91)

  Astute readers of this group may remember my previous question in which
I asked for help with WINWORD not spelling words in a block of text.

  Two people (thanks - can't remember your names offhand) pointed out to
me that WINWORD does not spell check any text that has been super or sub-
scripted.

  Well, the text that I was trying to check had been inadvertently set to
3pt subscript. Set it to normal and whammo - the checker works!

  So, that's another problem to add to the list of bugs with WINWORD. I'll
reserve my comments about Microsoft properly testing their software prior
to release! Maybe it will be fixed in version 1.2.

  cheers all

    christian legg

landers@zeus.mgmt.purdue.edu (Christopher Landers) (04/18/91)

In article <2880@sirius.ucs.adelaide.edu.au> legg@ucs.adelaide.edu.au (Christian Legg) writes:

>WINWORD does not spell check any text that has been super or sub-scripted.

WinWord Spell Check also does not check the header or footer, unless that's
where the cursor is positioned, in which case it checks only the header or
footer.  This holds true even if you are in Page View, where the header
and footer appear on the screen with the text.

Can't remember off the top of my head if footnotes get checked or not....

--
   || Christopher Landers           || PURDUE UNIVERSITY - KRAN 708 ||