[comp.windows.ms] Windows conflict with floppy drive

bingham@hpnmdla.hp.com (David Bingham) (04/17/91)

I'm having a strange problem. Windows seems to be causing some sort of
intermittent confilct with my B drive (3.5" HD). Has anyone ever seen
anything like this?

David Bingham		 	* The power of faith and love
Hewlett Packard 		* Can change the stuff we're made of
bingham@hpnmqa1.hp.com		*		Michael W. Smith

F0O@psuvm.psu.edu (04/17/91)

In article <5420009@hpnmdla.hp.com>, bingham@hpnmdla.hp.com (David Bingham)
says:

>I'm having a strange problem. Windows seems to be causing some sort of
>intermittent confilct with my B drive (3.5" HD). Has anyone ever seen
>anything like this?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'conflict', but I've had the problem that
sometimes when I exit Windows and get a directory listing on my B drive,
all I get is garbage.  When I re-boot the machine, everything is fine.
Must be a bug in Windows...

                                                          [Tim]

bdh@gsbsun.uchicago.edu (Brian D. Howard) (04/18/91)

bingham@hpnmdla.hp.com (David Bingham) writes:

>I'm having a strange problem. Windows seems to be causing some sort of
>intermittent confilct with my B drive (3.5" HD). Has anyone ever seen
>anything like this?

I got a report of two users, one with Quatro-pro, getting
"sharing violation".  Is that what you are getting?

(no fix, I haven't replicated on my own hardware yet)
--
"Hire the young while they still know everything."