[comp.windows.ms] X software for a PC?

lk@cbnewsj.att.com (lisa.a.krauth) (04/23/91)

Does anyone know of a software package (that runs under MS Windows)
that will allow a PC to act as an X terminal?  (i.e. an X server for
the PC).  Thanks in advance ...

	Lisa Krauth
	att!lzatt!lak

gt5139c@prism.gatech.EDU (Peter L. Thomas) (04/23/91)

I see this question at least twice-monthly, if not more.

Is it not in the FAQ?  Perhaps it should be.  Any volunteers?  (I don't
know enough on the subject to give a definitive answer, other than "yes"
there are several such products).

--Pete

c60c-2ij@web-1f.berkeley.edu () (04/23/91)

In article <1991Apr22.205916.28134@cbnewsj.att.com> lk@cbnewsj.att.com (lisa.a.krauth) writes:
>Does anyone know of a software package (that runs under MS Windows)
>that will allow a PC to act as an X terminal?  (i.e. an X server for
>the PC).  Thanks in advance ...
>
>	Lisa Krauth
>	att!lzatt!lak

this is not an answer, it is just another query. Anybody respoding
to the article above please also mail to me at the following
address:

Gunjan Bhow

gunjan@garnet.berkeley.edu

dale@cec2.wustl.edu (Dale Frye) (04/24/91)

In article <1991Apr22.205916.28134@cbnewsj.att.com> lk@cbnewsj.att.com (lisa.a.krauth) writes:
>Does anyone know of a software package (that runs under MS Windows)
>that will allow a PC to act as an X terminal?  (i.e. an X server for
>the PC).  Thanks in advance ...

Hummingbird Exceedp/W

(416)470-1203
(416)470-1207 FAX

Only problem I've found is no plane mask support. They said when windows
supports it they'll support it. If you need this then use Exceed/Plus
(stand alone version). I've also tried X11/AT. They had color map problems
when accessing colors by numbers. (There may be other conditions.)
I found all the above problems when running a VLSI package called Magic.

Dale Frye
Washington University in St. Louis

feb@gumby.dsd.TRW.COM (Frank Bien) (04/24/91)

I'm running VisonWare's XVision X-Server for the IBM PC
running Windows 3.0.  It runs very well, even on my
Zenith 286.

XVIsion posts to this group every once and a while. . .
they're in England, i think.  Try vware@vision.uucp for
more information.

Frank Bien
feb@gumby.dsd.trw.com