[comp.windows.ms] W4W Question

JMH@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU (04/24/91)

My wife is in process of making her book for her MA in the Arts
Dept at San Jose State.  They have this VERY rigid rule as to the
form of the pages. Is there a macro that will allow you to accurately
locate the last line of your document such that the bottom of the
line will be exactly 1" from the bottom of the sheet while still allowing
exact placement of the top row such that the top of the text is
exactly 1.25" from the top of the sheet? Is such a macro easy to write?
What is the best way to approach this?
   ________                   Jim Hodgers
  /___()___\                  JMH@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU
  \ ______ /                  May your faithful saint bernard
   \ ____ /                   run away with your yellow Alfa Romeo
    \____/                    (Found in a fortune cookie)

timur@seas.gwu.edu (The Time Traveler) (04/24/91)

In article <91113.123857JMH@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU> JMH@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU writes:
>My wife is in process of making her book for her MA in the Arts
>Dept at San Jose State.  They have this VERY rigid rule as to the
>form of the pages. Is there a macro that will allow you to accurately
>locate the last line of your document such that the bottom of the
>line will be exactly 1" from the bottom of the sheet while still allowing
>exact placement of the top row such that the top of the text is
>exactly 1.25" from the top of the sheet? Is such a macro easy to write?
>What is the best way to approach this?

You don't need a macro!  WfW has a built in feature to fit the text
vertically in a page.

Under Format, Section choose Justify under Vertical Alignment.  Now,
I haven't tried this myself, but according to the documentation, that's
what it does.

Basically, it adjusts the space between paragraphs.  All paragraphs
have the same amount of space between them on any given page.  I would
guess that as along as you have widow control off, then you won't notice
the difference from page to page.

I used to love her                                          a.k.a. Timur Tabi
But I had to kill her                            Internet: timur@seas.gwu.edu
I had to put her six feet under                  Bitnet:         HE891C@GWUVM
And I can still hear her complain  - Guns 'n Roses