[comp.windows.ms] Atm and Winword

Joel_Murray@mindlink.bc.ca (Joel Murray) (04/22/91)

> fishnet@hubcap.clemson.edu writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <1991Apr22.233619.7867@hubcap.clemson.edu>
>
> Org.  : Clemson University
> Person: The Armchair Philosopher
>
> For some reason I cant get ATM fonst to come up in Winword.  Does anyone know
> how this can be done?
>

> brian Kassa

First, rename your WINWORD.INI as something like WINWORD.OLD.  Then, erase
WINWORD.INI.

Start Winword.  You should see your new fonts.  Note that deleting your
WINWORD.INI wipes out all of your glossary.

    = Joel Murray / Vancouver, British Columbia  /  Canada, Eh? =
    = Joel_Murray@mindlink.bc.ca               "Kuso ga okiru." =

fishnet@hubcap.clemson.edu (The Armchair Philosopher) (04/23/91)

Ehrlich@Bucknell.EDU (04/23/91)

In article <1991Apr22.233619.7867@hubcap.clemson.edu>, fishnet@hubcap.clemson.edu (The Armchair Philosopher) says:

>For some reason I cant get ATM fonst to come up in Winword.  Does anyone know how this can be done?
>
>brian Kassa

The fix for that problem is very easy.  Just go into the File menu and choose the Printer Setup menu.
You do not have to make any modifications to your Setup, just say OK and WinWord should then
recognize your ATM font list.

Word For Windows maintains its own font list, and must be told of new fonts that have been installed by the
method I just outlined.

One word of warning.  I just attempted to print a WinWord document with ATM installed using WinWord's
formulas -- i.e. integral, large parens, etc.  The only formula that printed correctly was a fraction.  I haven't
tested this incompatability extensively yet, but I should know more soon.  In order to print the document,
I disabled ATM and everything printed correctly.  (I was using a default font)

		Dave

pburke@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Peter Burke, MIC, 263-7744) (04/24/91)

>> fishnet@hubcap.clemson.edu writes:
>>
>> Msg-ID: <1991Apr22.233619.7867@hubcap.clemson.edu>
>>
>> Org.  : Clemson University
>> Person: The Armchair Philosopher
>>
>> For some reason I cant get ATM fonst to come up in Winword.  Does anyone know
>> how this can be done?
>>

>> brian Kassa

I found all fonts in Windows Write, tried them out and saved the
document. Once I imported this document into WinWord, it recognized the
new fonts. I did this with 57 fonts I downloaded from cica, too, and it
worked like a charm.

Peter

tneff@bfmny0.BFM.COM (Tom Neff) (04/24/91)

In article <5582@mindlink.bc.ca> Joel_Murray@mindlink.bc.ca (Joel Murray) writes:
>First, rename your WINWORD.INI as something like WINWORD.OLD.  Then, erase
>WINWORD.INI.

If this works without an error message, it's time to reinstall DOS :-)
--
The genius of you Americans is that you never make   **  Tom Neff
any clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid  **  tneff@bfmny0.BFM.COM

Joel_Murray@mindlink.bc.ca (Joel Murray) (04/25/91)

> tneff@bfmny0.BFM.COM writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <64833498@bfmny0.BFM.COM>
>
> Person: Tom Neff
>
> In article <5582@mindlink.bc.ca> Joel_Murray@mindlink.bc.ca (Joel Murray)
> writes:
> >First, rename your WINWORD.INI as something like WINWORD.OLD.  Then, erase
> >WINWORD.INI.
>
> If this works without an error message, it's time to reinstall DOS :-)
> --

Good point!  (That's what I get for posting late at night....)

Of course, I meant COPY your   WINWORD.INI to something like WINWORD.OLD, etc.
etc.

By the way, the more elegant solution to mine is just, as one netter suggested,
to reselect your printer in File Printer Setup....