[comp.windows.ms] CICA win3/uploads....

leo@cat19.cs.wisc.edu (Leo Lim) (04/16/91)

ARRRRGGGGGGHHH........ CICA win3/uploads..... is a SWAMP.
Seems..... It has been attacked by virus.... and still sick....... :-(

chenh@athena.ecs.csus.edu (h philip chen) (04/25/91)

leo@cat19.cs.wisc.edu (Leo Lim) writes:
>ARRRRGGGGGGHHH........ CICA win3/uploads..... is a SWAMP.
>Seems..... It has been attacked by virus.... and still sick....... :-(

uh, excuse me, can you kindly explain what you meant...  give us some
examples instead of biting yourself on the net.  at least tell us
what is wrong with which file.

thanks.

-philip

keating@rex.cs.tulane.edu (John Keating) (04/25/91)

 chenh@athena.ecs.csus.edu (h philip chen) writes:

> leo@cat19.cs.wisc.edu (Leo Lim) writes:
>> ARRRRGGGGGGHHH........ CICA win3/uploads..... is a SWAMP.
>> Seems..... It has been attacked by virus.... and still sick....... :-(

> uh, excuse me, can you kindly explain what you meant...  give us some
> examples instead of biting yourself on the net.  at least tell us
> what is wrong with which file.

I think Leo was talking about the mess (no offense, Michael, we know it
wasn't your fault!) that the uploads directory on cica was awhile back.
If you look at Leo's article, you'll notice that it was dated 15 April,
back before mr got the directory cleaned up.

Though I could be wrong.  If so, someone tell me quick!  :^)
John
--
 +---------------------------------------+ +---------------------------+
 | Looking for genealogical histories of | | keating@rex.cs.tulane.edu |

keating@rex.cs.tulane.edu (John Keating) writes:
> chenh@athena.ecs.csus.edu (h philip chen) writes:
>> leo@cat19.cs.wisc.edu (Leo Lim) writes:
>>> ARRRRGGGGGGHHH........ CICA win3/uploads..... is a SWAMP.
>>> Seems..... It has been attacked by virus.... and still sick....... :-(
>
>> uh, excuse me, can you kindly explain what you meant...  give us some
>> examples instead of biting yourself on the net.  at least tell us
>> what is wrong with which file.
>
>I think Leo was talking about the mess (no offense, Michael, we know it
>wasn't your fault!) that the uploads directory on cica was awhile back.
>If you look at Leo's article, you'll notice that it was dated 15 April,
>back before mr got the directory cleaned up.

hi John, you're right -- it's dated Apr 15th!  today is Apr 24th and
strange... why did it take that long to get to this newsgroup?  anyway,
Mike the Cicaman is doing a wonderful job there.  congratulations and
thanks to Mike again.  and John, thanks for pointing the date out to me.

-philip