[comp.windows.ms] WINWORD Laserjet Symbols Fonts: HELP

pekrides@images.cs.und.ac.za (Hercules Pekrides) (04/24/91)

Greetings all MS Window users!

We are currently running MS Word for Windows v1.1 under Windows 3.0.
It seems as if the Symbol fonts (Greek, Maths) are not included for
the Laserjet II and Laserjet III, although they are included for the
epson printer. Where can I get these fonts to install (possibly as bit
stream fonts).

Your help would be most welcome.

H. Pekrides
Space Physics
University of Natal South Africa.

tim@int13.hf.intel.com (Timothy E. Forsyth) (04/26/91)

pekrides@images.cs.und.ac.za (Hercules Pekrides) writes:
>Greetings all MS Window users!
>
>We are currently running MS Word for Windows v1.1 under Windows 3.0.
>It seems as if the Symbol fonts (Greek, Maths) are not included for
>the Laserjet II and Laserjet III, although they are included for the
>epson printer. Where can I get these fonts to install (possibly as bit
>stream fonts).

Ahh, but they are included with WfW (Word for Windows).  If the package is
installed correctly you should have a bunch of files in the \PCLFONTS
directory called SYMSUBxx.SFP and SYMSUBxx.PFM (where xx is 08, 10, 12, 14,
18, and 24.)  You may need to run the Printer Setup and Add the soft Fonts.
Take a look in the \PCLFONTS directory and see if the files are there, they
should be there, otherwise you may have to re-install WfW to get them.

Hope this helps,

Tim Forsyth

--
Tim Forsyth, Intel Corp., Desktop Computer Division, Hillsboro, Oregon, USA
Internet: tim@int13.intel.com or Tim_Forsyth@ccm.hf.intel.com