[comp.windows.ms] ATM Question

user2@cgevs3.cem.msu.edu (Stephen Medlin) (04/25/91)

I ust purchased ATM--looks really nice both output and screen.  My question:

I would like to get the Font Foundry Utility which converts Type 1 Fonts into
*.BMP format--I have a SLOWWWWW 286 and anything to speed things up helps.
I called Adobe and they said that they only ship Font Foundry via their
combination package of ATM and a set of Fonts.  Since there are MB's of
fonts available on Cica, et. al., what I would like to to do is obtain just
the Font Foundry utility.  If this is not a real Copy Right'ed program (I
would think not since Adobe includes it as an add-on to all their fonts),
could someone mail me a copy (see address below) or let me know where it
might be archived (e.g., CompuServe).  If this is a program that is definitely
copyrighted, please let me know that also.  Any information regarding this
would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Stephen Medlin  Medlin@cemvax.cem.msu.edu

tim@int13.hf.intel.com (Timothy E. Forsyth) (04/26/91)

user2@cgevs3.cem.msu.edu (Stephen Medlin) writes:
>I ust purchased ATM--looks really nice both output and screen.  My question:
>
>I would like to get the Font Foundry Utility which converts Type 1 Fonts into
>*.BMP format--I have a SLOWWWWW 286 and anything to speed things up helps.
>I called Adobe and they said that they only ship Font Foundry via their
>combination package of ATM and a set of Fonts.  Since there are MB's of
>fonts available on Cica, et. al., what I would like to to do is obtain just
>the Font Foundry utility.  If this is not a real Copy Right'ed program (I
>would think not since Adobe includes it as an add-on to all their fonts),
>could someone mail me a copy (see address below) or let me know where it
>might be archived (e.g., CompuServe).  If this is a program that is definitely
>copyrighted, please let me know that also.  Any information regarding this
>would be appreciated.  Thanks!

The Font Foundry comes with those font sets you can by from Adobe at the
store you bought ATM from (i.e. Plus Pak, Type Set 1, Type Set 2).  I am
sure Font Foundry is a copyrighted program of Adobe's.  Plus, once you get
the Font Foundry from one of the Type Sets, you will need both a .AFM file
and a .INF file as well as the .PFB file.  I have not been able to find out
any information for the format of information in the .INF files, and the
Adobe person who reads this group (or was that comp.fonts?) shed any light
on the format of the .INF files?

Hope this helps some,

Tim Forsyth
--
Tim Forsyth, Intel Corp., Desktop Computer Division, Hillsboro, Oregon, USA
Internet: tim@int13.intel.com or Tim_Forsyth@ccm.hf.intel.com