[comp.windows.ms] Intermission

yenl@ics.uci.edu (Yen Te Robert Lee) (03/17/91)

In <67620007@hpcupt1.cup.hp.com> swh@hpcupt1.cup.hp.com (Steve Harrold) writes:

>In order to get these displays, there is a disk cost to store them all.
>If you install all 35 animations and kits you're looking at 930KB of disk
>space.  By comparison, ScreenPeace 1.2 supplies 6 animations for a total disk
>cost of 65KB.  SP animations run about 3-5KB each, versus AD's 6-100KB each.
>Neither product requires you to load any animations (you get a black screen
>in this case) in which case the disk costs are 150KB vs 48KB.  I don't have
>access to Intermission (the SP follow-on), so I cannot provide its statistics.
With Intermission, the animation file sizes range from 2-97K, though
most of them are < 15K.  There are 34 of them, some of them appeared
in ScreenPeace and some are new.  As with SP and AD, you don't need
any of the animiation files - it will just blank the screen.

>Two problems I've detected with AfterDark:
>    1) When blanking a full-screen DOS application, it does not always
>       restore the proper colors when it stops blanking.  I've not been
>       bothered by that as I can run a simple utility to reset the palette.

I have not noticed that problem with Intermission.
--
Robert Lee, Class of 1991         |
University of California, Irvine  |

monahan@taurus.cs.nps.navy.mil (James Monahan) (04/26/91)

I just got the latest edition of PC Magazine and it mentions that CompuServe
has some user written modules for Intermission (ScreenPeace gone commercial).
I've seen bunches of modules written for ScreenPeace but not for Intermission.
Any CServe users care to investigate and upload to CICA?
Thanks in advance.
Regards -
         Greg

--