[comp.windows.ms] Video Seven VRAM and WIN 3.0

vlr@litwin.com (Vic Rice) (04/25/91)

I have a V7 VRAM that is about 18 months old. I just upgraded the roms to
version 6.0 and upgraded the memory to 512K. The latest version of Windows
drivers I can find for this board are dated 5/22/90. Unfortunately, none of
these work properly. Of the 4 drivers,3 yield me a mouse cursor on a black
screen. The fourth, 750x512x256 , seems to work except funny things happen
to the mouse. Frequently, a ghost mouse cursor appears on the screen and the
real mouse cursor seems to fade out at times. Are there newer drivers for this
board ?? Does V7 have a BBS to call for new drivers ?
--
Dr. Victor L. Rice
Litwin Process Automation

cchapman@msd.gatech.edu (Chuck H. Chapman) (04/26/91)

In <1991Apr25.120838.8981@litwin.com> vlr@litwin.com (Vic Rice) writes:

>I have a V7 VRAM that is about 18 months old. I just upgraded the roms to
>version 6.0 and upgraded the memory to 512K. The latest version of Windows
>drivers I can find for this board are dated 5/22/90. Unfortunately, none of
>these work properly. Of the 4 drivers,3 yield me a mouse cursor on a black
>screen. The fourth, 750x512x256 , seems to work except funny things happen
>to the mouse. Frequently, a ghost mouse cursor appears on the screen and the
>real mouse cursor seems to fade out at times. Are there newer drivers for this
>board ?? Does V7 have a BBS to call for new drivers ?

I got the latest drivers from cica.cica.indiana.edu.  Most of them are dated
1/22/91 although one of them (coincidentally the 768x512x256 driver) is dated
08/06/91.  I haven't had any of the problems you described using any of the
new drivers -- but I never had those problems with the old drivers either.
It sounds like the new memory you installed is either defective or too slow.

Chuck

--
Charles H. Chapman  (GTRI/MATD)             (404) 528-7588
* Home of the 1990 National Champion Ga. Tech Yellow Jackets *

cms2839@isc.rit.edu (a.stranger) (04/26/91)

In <1991Apr25.120838.8981@litwin.com> vlr@litwin.com (Vic Rice) writes:

>I have a V7 VRAM that is about 18 months old. I just upgraded the roms to
>version 6.0 and upgraded the memory to 512K. The latest version of Windows

				huh ? the ROMs in my VRAM are version
1.18 , and are the latest available as of last summer .

				there is a program included with the
memory ( if you bought it from Video-7 ) that will check the new memory
to make sure it's ok .

--
       @     "Imagination keeps the shadows away  -  Xymox      @