[comp.windows.ms] WinQVT/NET and AppleTalk

cohen@brodmann.iaf.uiowa.edu (Gregg A. Cohen) (04/27/91)

I would like to find out if anyone has accomplished using WinQVT/net
with the pc-ip localtlk packet driver.  I think that WinQVTnet would
be great for our use here.  The only problem is that we only have
our localtalk network in place.  I have 5 PCs that have localtalk
cards in them and we would like to keep our windows environment
for doing telnet, ftp, etc.  At this point in time the NCSA
package doesn't do windows at all (there seem to be some memory
conflicts that I can't seem to get resolved).  I have loaded the atalk.exe
driver and the localtlk and pktint (n that order) and
still come up with no driver found errors.
If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it
thanks in advance

software
QVT/net 1.6
Dos 3.3
win 3.0
localtlk.com version 7
pktint.com 1.6
atalk.exe 2.0

hardware
Tseng 4000 based SVGA
localtalk card (apple) 2.0

.

minakami@neon.Stanford.EDU (Michael K. Minakami) (04/28/91)

In article <5760@ns-mx.uiowa.edu> cohen@brodmann.iaf.uiowa.edu (Gregg A. Cohen) writes:
>I would like to find out if anyone has accomplished using WinQVT/net
>with the pc-ip localtlk packet driver.  I think that WinQVTnet would

WinQVT/Net uses the Clarkson Packet Drivers (if I remember correctly).
I've been using these drivers with ka9q for the last half year and they
run beautifully, even under Windows. But QVT/net doesn't recognize
the packet driver class for localtalk. Are any of the authors of QVT
working on supporting it?

Michael Minakami
Senior, Computer Science and Psychology