[comp.windows.ms] Another question on encapsulated postscript files.

scs2635@cec_ss4.wustl.edu (Sean Starkey) (04/25/91)

I know how to make an EPS file with the postscript driver from MS.  I know
how import the EPS file into a wordprocessor (such as WordPerfect).  What
I want is to control the _size_ of the output.  Right now, the output comes
out as the size of a page (8 1/2 x 11).  It would be very nice to control the
size of the output (for example have the file the size of a picture.)  I
don't believe that you can change the size of the output file in windows, but
it would be nice.

If this is not possible, maybe someone can direct me to the place in the EPS
file that controls the size.  Maybe this should be posted elsewhere.

#    Sean Starkey   }:>    Washington University    scs2635@cec2.wustl.edu    #
#    520 Kingsland Road 2N                1761 Happ Road                      #
#    University City, MO  63130           Northbrook, IL  60062               #
#    (314) 727-4834 or 727-4529           (708) 272-2636                      #

kensy@microsoft.UUCP (Ken SYKES) (04/29/91)

In article <1991Apr25.160118.22298@cec1.wustl.edu> scs2635@cec_ss4.wustl.edu (Sean Starkey) writes:

>I know how to make an EPS file with the postscript driver from MS.  I know
>how import the EPS file into a wordprocessor (such as WordPerfect).  What
>I want is to control the _size_ of the output.  Right now, the output comes
>out as the size of a page (8 1/2 x 11).  It would be very nice to control the
>size of the output (for example have the file the size of a picture.)  I
>don't believe that you can change the size of the output file in windows, but
>it would be nice.

The problem is the Windows App you are generating the EPS file from is not
issuing an escape to the PostScript driver describing the bounding area.  In
this case the driver must assume the entire page is marked.  The comment you
are looking for is  %%BoundingBox.  change the coordinates on this line to
be what you want.  There really isn't much the driver can do if an app
doesn't give it the bounding box: The comment must be issued before any of the
graphics commands are received.

Hope this helps,
  Ken Sykes

Disclaimer: The above opinions are solely my own.