[comp.windows.ms] Help pick 1024x768 card

pfeifer@hpavla.avo.hp.com (Mark Pfeifer) (04/19/91)

We are considering buying a couple of SuperVGA boards.  We're looking for
boards supporting 1024x768 non-interlaced, preferably with 72Hz refresh.

The two boards we are considering are the Everex Viewpoint VRAM and the
STB Powergraph ERGO-VGA.  Both are Tseng-based.

If anyone has any experiences with either of these boards, or would like
to suggest a personal favorite, reply or e-mail, I will summarize if
needed.

Thanks to all.

						Mark

lwb@pensoft.uucp (Lance Bledsoe) (04/30/91)

In article <16980026@hpavla.avo.hp.com> pfeifer@hpavla.avo.hp.com (Mark Pfeifer) writes:

>We are considering buying a couple of SuperVGA boards.  We're looking for
>boards supporting 1024x768 non-interlaced, preferably with 72Hz refresh.

I have the following setup:

	ATI VGA Wonder (512k)
	ATI 8514/Ultra (1m)
	NEC 4D

This works GREAT for windows, and I'm TOTALLY THRILLED with it.  The only
thing that I would change would be a larger monitor (but I'll have to
wait for a rich realative to die first :-) ).

My system is a 386/25, and with this setup windows move and draw almost
instantly.

--
Lance Bledsoe                       Off:    (512) 343-1111
Pencom Software, Inc.               Fax     (512) 343-9650