[comp.windows.ms] PowerPoint Demo

burhans@mizar.usc.edu (Mustang Sally) (05/02/91)

Thanks to those few who tried to help me figure out how to get
the PowerPoint demo from cica.cica.indiana.edu. I finally figured
out that at 1.2mb I couldn't unzip the ppdemo2.zip file from within
Windows so I got out of windows and unzipped it fine.

Now the question is: how do I install it? There isn't much documentation.
I tried running the enabler but it overwrote my windows 3 files and made
everything look like it was running under a demo of Windows3. So none
of my applications would work--you can imagine my joy. Having restored
windows 3, what is the real way to install this demo safely. Thanks
in advance.

--
Jackie Burhans (burhans@usc.edu)
Data Stylist, USC Student Affairs

In article <32484@usc> burhans@mizar.usc.edu (Mustang Sally) writes:
>Thanks to those few who tried to help me figure out how to get
>the PowerPoint demo from cica.cica.indiana.edu. I finally figured
>Now the question is: how do I install it? There isn't much documentation.

Oh never mind. I just ran the setup.exe that got extracted from the zip
and it ran fine. DON'T RUN ENABLE.EXE. DON'T DO IT. Nice demo.
Nice presentation demo. Just might buy it. Thanks for all help.