[comp.windows.ms] WINWORD - Equation Editor

williamss@topaz.ucq.edu.au (04/18/91)

Does anybody know of a good equation editor "add-in" for Word for Windows ?

The current one is just not suitable.

Steve Williams
Williams@topaz.ucq.edu.au

rogden@uceng.UC.EDU (rob ogden) (04/19/91)

williamss@topaz.ucq.edu.au writes:

>Does anybody know of a good equation editor "add-in" for Word for Windows ?

>The current one is just not suitable.

MathType.

-Rob Ogden, rogden@uceng.uc.edu

07790@tanus.oz.au (Brant Campbell) (04/26/91)

There is a product called Mathtype that using pictures of symbols that can be
clicked on to build extremely complex formulas in just a few minutes -
something that would take you alsmost 30 minutes in W4W. You then highlight
the equation/formula and copy it to the clipbaord - then paste it into Word as
a graphic, allowing for it to be placed anywhere by dragging it around. It is
very powerful and no formula is too hard.

It is available in Australia, through Software Sanctuary also known as
Solutions on the Gold Coast, Queensland - not all that far from you really!
This is commercial software and when I last saw the price it was approx. $200
- I think it is what all scientists or students need!!

Brant Campbell,
Microsoft Product Support - Australia

UUCP: {munnari}!jabaru!anthos!tanus!07790
INET: 07790@tanus.oz.au

knotts@hpl-opus.hpl.hp.com (Tom Knotts) (05/01/91)

>There is a product called Mathtype that using pictures of symbols that can be
>clicked on to build extremely complex formulas in just a few minutes -
>something that would take you alsmost 30 minutes in W4W. You then highlight
>the equation/formula and copy it to the clipbaord - then paste it into Word as
>a graphic, allowing for it to be placed anywhere by dragging it around. It is
>very powerful and no formula is too hard.

I have heard that the first version of MathyType is very buggy. The next
release this summer is suppose to be better. Has anyone actually used
the program? Does it work OK?

Tom

c60c-2ij@e260-2d.berkeley.edu (Seg fault) (05/03/91)

In article <69220024@hpl-opus.hpl.hp.com> knotts@hpl-opus.hpl.hp.com (Tom Knotts) writes:

>>There is a product called Mathtype that using pictures of symbols that can be
>>clicked on to build extremely complex formulas in just a few minutes -
>>something that would take you alsmost 30 minutes in W4W. You then highlight
>>the equation/formula and copy it to the clipbaord - then paste it into Word as
>>a graphic, allowing for it to be placed anywhere by dragging it around. It is
>>very powerful and no formula is too hard.
>
>I have heard that the first version of MathyType is very buggy. The next
>release this summer is suppose to be better. Has anyone actually used
>the program? Does it work OK?
>
>Tom

I've been using the Formula Editor supplied with hDC microapp for this
purpose  and I haven't come across any bugs. However, does anybody out
there know of any bugs or limitations?

Gunjan
gunjan@garnet.berkeley.edu