[net.followup] joke generator...

beth@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (beth d. christy) (05/12/85)

[keep :-)ing]

From: john@dicomed.UUCP (john salmi), Message-ID: <477@dicomed.UUCP>:
>I just have to say something here...
>
>To the author of the recently posted "joke generator"
>
>thanks bunches!  we get a lot of much-needed tension-relieving laughs out
>of that chunk of code.
>
>"How many <ethnics> does it take to fly a book?
>3...  2 to play the Grizzly Bear, and 1 to cook the VAX."

I second that!!  (One of) My favorite(s):

How many Californians does it take to pick a nose?
17. 17 to save the subroutine, and 0 to love the cruise missile.

--

--JB                                           "The giant is awake."

               [ Disclaimer:  Who wud claim dis? ]

shep@datacube.UUCP (05/15/85)

>To the author of the recently posted "joke generator"
>
>thanks bunches!  we get a lot of much-needed tension-relieving laughs out
>of that chunk of code.

Great stuff, lots of fun. Keep it up, etc.

	datacube!shep

bob@cadovax.UUCP (Bob "Kat" Kaplan) (05/21/85)

What is this "joke generator" everyone keeps talking about?
If it's a program that came over the net, I must have missed it.

Could someone who has it mail me a copy?  It sounds like a nice program.
Thanks.
--
Bob Kaplan

"...and the pantaloon duck, white gooseneck quacked:  webcor, webcor."

[...........]

What recently posted joke generator?  Was it in net.sources?
You're not talking about the kafka 'insult-flame-babble' are you?
(or are you?)  Sounds like I'm missing something good!

By the way, this brings up a related point.  It seems to me that we must
be missing articles periodically.  I have seen several instances where
I'm reading followups to messages that I never saw.  Are there known
bugs of this type in news?  Or should we get our Sys Admin. to beat on
it some more?

Keith Doyle
#  {ucbvax,ihnp4,decvax}!trwrb!cadovax!keithd