[comp.windows.ms] Driver for V7 Vega VGA for Win 3.0

chip@osh3.OSHA.GOV (Chip Yamasaki) (05/03/91)

I am looking for a driver for Windows 3.0 for my Video 7 Vega VGA card.
It has a ROM BIOS date of 06/19/87.

Any ideas?

Anybody got the address, phone number, or E-Mail address of Video 7?

Thanks!
Charles "Chip" Yamasaki
chip@oshcomm.osha.gov

tonyd@hplsla.HP.COM (Tony DeMartino) (05/04/91)

Chip,

The Video7 BBS number is 415-656-0503 and thier support line is 1-800-248-1850.
I have downloaded many drivers from thier BBS but I don't know if the ones
you are looking for are there. Good luck.

chip@osh3.OSHA.GOV (Chip Yamasaki) (05/04/91)

In <3130063@hplsla.HP.COM> tonyd@hplsla.HP.COM (Tony DeMartino) writes:

>Chip,

>The Video7 BBS number is 415-656-0503 and thier support line is 1-800-248-1850.
>I have downloaded many drivers from thier BBS but I don't know if the ones
>you are looking for are there. Good luck.

Just in case anybody else has a problem like this, Headland says that I
have to have a BIOS upadate since my BIOS is so old.  In fact, since the
darned thing is so old I have to send it in (grrrrrr.....).

Don't get me wrong, the little experience I had with them on the phone
would encourage me to purchase their products again.  They were very
nice, said they wouldn't charge me for the update, they'll pay for
return shipping (I pay $6.50 if I want 2nd day), there will be a 3-7 day
turnaround, and they will mail me the drivers free of charge.

All-in-all, it's encouraging to see more of that "support your
customers" kind of approach.  Very refreshing!

Thanks to all who replied!
Charles "Chip" Yamasaki
chip@oshcomm.osha.gov

vlr@litwin.com (Vic Rice) (05/05/91)

In <1991May03.043902.27990@osh3.OSHA.GOV> chip@osh3.OSHA.GOV (Chip Yamasaki) writes:

>I am looking for a driver for Windows 3.0 for my Video 7 Vega VGA card.
>It has a ROM BIOS date of 06/19/87.

>Any ideas?

>Anybody got the address, phone number, or E-Mail address of Video 7?

The Video Seven BBS phone # is (415)656-0503 .
--
Dr. Victor L. Rice
Litwin Process Automation