[comp.windows.ms] Wanted: Win3 compat. Software for Logitech Scanman

jrogers@questor.wimsey.bc.ca (Jason Rogers) (05/05/91)

I have an old Logitech Scanman scanner, part nbr. 860000-00.  The software
with it is not completely compatible with MS-Windows 3, as it can only
run in "real" (/r) mode.

I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me where to get updated
software that I could use with that scanner.

Thanks in advance for the help!

 ---
    Jason Rogers (jrogers@questor.wimsey.bc.ca)
      The QUESTOR Project: Free Public Access to Usenet & Internet in
                            Vancouver, BC, Canada, at +1 604 681 0670.

magid@typhoon.Berkeley.EDU (Paul Magid) (05/06/91)

In article <7ZoF21w164w@questor.wimsey.bc.ca> jrogers@questor.wimsey.bc.ca (Jason Rogers) writes:
>I have an old Logitech Scanman scanner, part nbr. 860000-00.  The software
>with it is not completely compatible with MS-Windows 3, as it can only
>run in "real" (/r) mode.
>
>I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me where to get updated
>software that I could use with that scanner.

The package you are looking for is called Ansel.  It costs approx $30.
Nothing is free in this world.  The program is pretty nifty however.
Contact logitech and they will probably be happy to sell it to you.

Paul

mussar@bcars53.uucp (G. Mussar) (05/06/91)

In article <7ZoF21w164w@questor.wimsey.bc.ca> jrogers@questor.wimsey.bc.ca (Jason Rogers) writes:
>I have an old Logitech Scanman scanner, part nbr. 860000-00.  The software
>with it is not completely compatible with MS-Windows 3, as it can only
>run in "real" (/r) mode.
>
>I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me where to get updated
>software that I could use with that scanner.

I'm surprised you haven't heard (from Logitech) about their Ansel software
which is supposed to be able to run the older versions of the scanner (I
have a SCANMAN 256). They had a "reasonably" priced upgrade offer that may
have expired. Give your rep a call. (And yes, The Ansel software is Win3
compatible and is quite nice IMHO).
Gary Mussar  |Internet:  mussar@bnr.ca                |  Phone: (613) 763-4937
BNR Ltd.     |                                        |  FAX:   (613) 763-2626